Days: / Difficulty: 2 of 5 (Moderate)
Annapurna Panorama Trek for families is one of the world famous and classical treks in the world. In this trek you have a chance to see & explore the real typical village with its traditional lifestyle. This Annapurna trek starting from the lakeside town of Pokhara valley and follow roughly; forest trails past nice traditional villages and through serene landscapes on a country side. Ghandruk is a modern village of Nepal carries its own culture, life style and panoramic scenery of Himalayas also another attraction place for trekkers. During the trekking on lower place we will reaches at Poon Hill from where can see wonderful panoramic views of the valley of deepest gorge and some of the highest mountains range of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Manasalu with holy Mt. Fishtail to the northern part. Throughout the trek you'll see close up views of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Machhapuchre (Fishtail Mountain) and the Kaligandaki Valley also be able to take a relaxing natural hot springs at Tatopani and may have explore the local lifestyle, culture, climate and topography. This may have good choice for anyone who are looking for introductory trek on a limited timescale as well as a good choice for family trek as well with beginners. Those who are traveling with children can also enjoy this trek. It is very comfortable to sleep and eat at mountain lodges named tea houses and the porter carries your luggage. Throughout the route, it offers grand spectacles of blooming rhododendron flowers in March and April. At the climax of this trek you will climb Poon Hill at dawn to enjoy one of the most spectacular mountains capes on Earth. A rewarding trek that can be enjoy by every lover of nature and beautiful landscape. This trek is a wonderful opportunity to witness the beauty of the Annapurna region with a shorter trek. The trip starts just north of the city of Pokhara and winds through the Poon Hill area and then passes.
White Water Rafting is a great way to enjoy your time with family. Do not think you are too old for such stuff or that your child is too young for that. A river trip is different from any other vacations. Where else can you experience the thrill of passing through rapids, paddle waves, play sand volley-ball, relax on your own private sand beach accompanied by sounds of nature, enjoy delicious food cooked for you, and swap stories sitting by the candles on the sand all in the same day? And more over, you can experience all this together with your family! Nepal is blessed with an abundance of small and big streams, it is the land where everyone finds a river which suits them..
A trip to Nepal is incomplete if you have not been on a Jungle Safari in Chitwan National Park. While the mountains of the north have some of the highest and most magnificent peaks in the world, the tropical jungles of the Terai preserve some of the best wildlife habitat in the subcontinent. Some of these rich wildlife habitats are now protected, and can be tours on elephant back, 4 WD vehicles, and dugout canoes or on foot accompanied by a licensed nature guide. Nepal has 14 national parks and wildlife reserves most of which have dense tropical jungles teeming with diverse wildlife and exotic birds. Ride on elephant back or drive your four-wheeler to view wild animals in their natural habitat or you might escape for a canoe rides on the jungle rivers. One can also have a memorable nature walks, bird watching excursions, village and cultural tours. Chitwan, the home of Nepal's wildlife, has over 43 species of animals. It is also popular Safari destination in the region.
Contact Us now for more information about Annapurna Panorama Trek for families combined Rafting and Chitwan Tour.
Fact of the Trek:
Trip Region: Annapurna Region
Types of Trip: Family Trekking/Hiking/Rafting/Jungle Safari
Duration: 14 Days
Highest Elevation: 3210m in Poon Hill
Mode of Trip: Lodge or Tea-house
Average Walking: 4-5 hours in a day
Trip Start/End: Kathmandu
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Accommodation: 3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu, Pokhara and Chitwan as well as normal tea-houses/lodges during the trek
Best Season: Autumn (Sep-Oct-Nov), Spring (March-April-May) and Winter (Dec-Jan-Feb)
Transportation by: Domestic Flight and Private Vehicle
Culture Experience: Majority of Magar and Gurung and Tharu
Major Himalayan Sights: Machhapuchhre (Fishtail) 6993m, Annapurna I 8091m, Annapurna South 7219m, Hiun Chuli 6441m, Mardi Himal 5553m, Annapurna III 7555m, Dhaulagiri 8167m, Nilgiri 6839m, Tukuche Peak 6920m.
Highlights of the Trip: Exploring the Kathmandu city and its heritage sites, Panoramic and closed views of Annapurna massif, explore in the valley, unobstructed sunrise and sunset view from Poon Hill View Point, pictureaque villages, experiencing with life style and culture of Magar and Gurung people who is very famous for Gorkha arm, walking in the narrow and stone paved trail, ancient Monastery, old tradition Gurung Museum, waterfalls, scenic mountain flight to and from Pokhara, explore lake city of Pokhara, walking through dense Rhododendron forest and even more beautiful in Spring, the world's most thrilling whitewater rafting, jungle safari for all kind of jungle activities in Chitwan National Park which is Asia's biggest national park.
Trip Itinerary in detail
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport and you will be met at the airport by our representative who will be waiting with a Swiss Family Treks sign outside the terminal and transfer to Hotel by private car. Welcome drink and after you settle into the hotel there will be a group briefing with your tour leader. He will discuss the trek details and co-ordinate any last minute arrangements. Stay overnight at Hotel Marshyangdi.
Day 2: Full Day Guided Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley by private van.
After brekafast in the hotel, Drive to Swayambhunath Stupa which is very close form the centre of Kathmandu. It takes some minutes to be there. This Temple is also known as Monkey Temple which is considered to be self made Stupa. Then visit to Boudhanath Stupa: the biggest stupa in Nepal and one of the bigger stupa in the world. You can basically experience Tibetan Buddhism, culture and way of life in Boudhanath Area. Boudhanath area is the authentic place to buy Tibetan stuffs. Again you will be visit Pashupatinath Temple and it is one of the most sacred temples in the entire Hindu world. It is a sacred place where Hindus come to die and to be cremated. The temple of Pashupatinath is a large double roofed, gilt pagoda, decorated with brass, the gateway is plated with silver. There are images of Shiva along with other statues, shrines and temples dedicated to other deities in the complex. A circuit of the Pashupati area takes visitors past a sixth-century statue of the Buddha, an eight-century statue of Brahma the creator and numerous other temples. There are rows of Shiva shrines and Hindu pilgrims from all over south Asia offering ceremonies to worship Shiva, the Lord of Destruction. Stay overnight at Hotel Marshyangdi in Kathmandu.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara 820m/25minutes and drive from Pokhara to Hille via Nayapul 3 hours and trek to Ulleri 2080m (2/3 hours).
Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara in the morning with scenic mountain views including Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and Annapurna Massif. Drive to Hille via Naya Pul which takes about 3 hours by private jeep, first 2 hours smooth driving and an hour on dirt road driving. Then we walk for half an hour to reach in Tikhedunga for lunch break. After lunch, we cross 2 different suspension bridge and start climbing up hill with stone paved trail for 2 hours until reaching Ulleri Village. This is a small village of Magar people. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 4: Trek from Ulleri to Ghorepani 2750m (4/5 hours).
The trail gently up until Banthanti which takes about half an hour Now we can see the good view of Machhapuchre, Hiun Chuli and Annapurna South. Then our trails goes gradually ascend until reaching Nangethanti for lunch which takes 2 hours of walking through the dense forest of Rhododendrone. After lunch, we continue to walk again gentle climbing up hill to reach Ghorepani, a village of Magar peoples which takes about 1 hour to reach. The mountains are visible from our accommodation and overnight in Lodge.
Day 5: Trek from Ghorepani to Tadapani 2590m (5/6 hours).
Early in the morning,45 minutes hike to Poon Hill through the Rhododendrons forests for the spectacular view of Mountains like Mt. Dhaulagiri 8167m, TukuchePeak 6920m, Nilgiri 6940m, Baraha Shikhar 7847m, Mt. Annapurna I 8091m, Annapurna South 7219m, Annapurna III 7855m, Machhapuchhre 6993m, Annapurna IV 7525m, Annapurna II 7937m, Lamjung Himal 6931m and unobstructed view of sunrise over the mountains. We can enjoy with brilliant view of mountains and sunrise view. Then we return back to Lodge and will have a breakfast. After that, the trail steeply ascending until Deurali-La which also same height with Poon Hill and takes about 1 & half hour. Then we follow the deep forest way until reaching Banthanti which takes about 2 hours and will have our lunch there. We can see the wild animals like monkeys and local birds during the jungle trail. After lunch it takes 1 hour to reach Tadapani village which is surrounded by beautiful forests. We can see more magnificent view of Machhapuchre, Annapurna South, Hiun Chuli and Annapurna II etc. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 6: Trek from Tadapani to Ghandruk 1940m (3/4 hours).
In the morning, after breakfast our trek slightly descending through the deep forests until reaching Ghandruk village and it takes about 3 hours. We will have lunch there. We can see a very good view of Fish Tail, Annapurna South and other small snowy peak. In the evening time we will go to visit the Buddhist Monastery and Old Traditional Gurung Museum. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 7: Trek from Ghandruk to Nayapul and drive back to Pokhara 820m (4/5 hours).
In this day also we start our trek in the morning. Then the trail descends many stone steps until reaching Syauli Bazar with crossing the landslide area. It takes about 3 hours and then continues the trek till Birethanti which takes about 1 hour and will have lunch there. After lunch we have to walk 30 minutes to Naya Pul and 1 hour drive by private car to Pokhara. Overnight in Temple Tree Resort.
Day 8: Morning Hike to World Peace Stupa
In the morning after breakfast, we will go to world peace stupa by car. We can see panoramic view of high Himalayan range from Manaslu to Dhaulagiri range including Machhapuchhre and Annapurna Massif as well as scenic Pokhara Valley and Phewa Lake. Then, we will walk down to Phewa Lake through the forest which takes about 1 hour and take a boat to cross a Phewa Lake passing the small Island where Temple Barahi is situated middle of the Lake. Overnight in Temple Tree Resort.
Day 9: Drive from Pokhara to Charaudi and rafting to Kurinighat:
Soon after breakfast, at about 7.00am the car/van leaves Pokhara heading for Charaudi, the put-in point. After a 3.5 hours drive, Charaudi is reached where a crowd of friendly local people eagerly wait to watch the proceedings. The sight of foreigners all geared up for rafting fascinates them. The crew prepares the rafts, after which all head towards the river for Safety Talk and lessons on how to use paddles. On the first day a number of Class I to Class III rapids are encountered. Ratings are all given on the international rating scale. Two hours down the river is a beach with strange shaped boulders that resemble sculptures and this is the lunch spot. Outdoor lunch by the river is always an enchanting experience. It also gives everyone a break from paddling and time to take in the scenery Paddling down after lunch, a large gorge is encountered, the Trishuli gorge, which is narrow and the walls very steep causing the river to accelerate through it. Naturally the rapids here are more ferocious and also more frequent. This is an exciting section and time to hold on tight. We finally come across a rapid named after a very old suspension bridge, Jhoolunge Pul. Looking up one can see a crowd of locals chattering with excitement as they watch the adventurous foreigners tackle the river on rubber boats. One thing to watch for along the riverside, are the geological formations that look intriguing. At the end of the day, it is time to stop and set up camp at Kuringhat, which is a very popular expatriates and locals as well. The crew gets busy pitching up tents and everyone is welcome to help in whatever chores need to get done. A feeling of togetherness is encouraged which adds a lot to the enjoyment of the trip. Dinner is prepared under gas fires and it is also the time to come together and share experiences. Camping out under the brilliant stars on the riverside with the roar of the river as a backdrop is an amazing experience. Campsite dinners can be quite entertaining when people share their personal tales. We do have our own Resort in Kurinighat called River Fun Beach Resort, where we will serve all meal and accommodation.
Day 10: Rafting trip from Kurinighat to Simaltar and later transfer to Chitwan
Comparatively, the second day starts at a leisurely pace. Soon after an early breakfast, it is time to move and the wonderful Kuringhat is left behind for yet more adventures on the river. There are numerous bouncy rapids along this stretch and the views are splendid. Enjoy the sights of emerald hillsides and golden paddy fields of the Nepalese countryside. One and a half hours down river is the confluence of the Trishuli and the rumbling Marsyangdi. Coming from west Nepal, the Marsyangdi is a very popular river for white water rafting. Being more technical than the Trishuli, it attracts a lot of avid rafters. The trip however, does not end here and rafting further down, a place called Tea Pot is reached. The exhilarating river run comes to an end here and guests either drive back to Kathmandu or head on down to Chitwan for a safari in the pristine jungles of the Chitwan National Park, Asia's most well-preserved wildlife habitat. Transfer to Green Park Chitwan Resort.
- Briefing about our resort & its facilities.
- Village tour on Ox cart: Tharus are the indigenous inhabitations of the Terai. Our expert guide will help you to meet the Tharu people and experience their traditional way of living. This brings you many years back to human civilization.
- Enjoy our B3 Bar service
- Stay overnight at Green Park Chitwan Resort.
Day 11: In Chitwan National Park
- Wake up
- Jungle walk: Our experienced naturalists will accompany you to the more specialized habitats of wild animals. This is the ideal opportunity to explore and experience at closer quarters the beauty of the flora and fauna. There are number of watch towers on the route in which you may climb to get a better view of the surroundings.
- Jeep safari: Jeep safari is one of best opportunity to see the wildlife in Chitwan National Park which provides you the opportunity to take snap of wildlife and the view around you. While travelling we will able to see one-horned rhino, bengal tiger, spotted deer and many more.
- Tharu cultural program: The tharu people of Chitwan welcome guests by performing dance and singing in the evening, famous Tharu stick dances and the crazy peacock dance are two highlights which reflects their life styles.
- Can enjoy our B3 Bar service
- Stay overnight at Green Park Chitwan Resort
Day 12: In Chitwan National Park
- Wake up
- Elephant Back Safari: The most appreciated attraction in Chitwan is sitting on elephant back and travelling throughtout the jungle of Chitwan National Park. Elephant safari or jungle safari is an easiest way to view the birds and wildlife in its natural habitat where you are able to see lots of wildlife such as one horned rhino, bengal tiger, deer, Leopards etc.
- Canoe ride: Canoe ride in Rapti river is the more thrilling activities to explore Chitwan National Park and to view different aquatic animals and wildlife of Chitwan National Park. Canoe is a dug out boat made traditionally with a single wooden log by local inhabitant which can be done in the morning & afternoon. Visitors can enjoy sights of Marsh Mugger & Gharial crocodiles basking on the banks of the Rapti river.
- Nature walk
- Visit to the Elephant breeding center: This is the first elephant breeding centre in Asia and situated in Chitwan. Our naturalist will take you to the elephant breeding center to show the baby elephants socializing with their parents. How the elephant meals are prepared and how they eat. They will explain the nature and habits of the elephant. The centre is government owned and its purpose is to raise the young elephant to secure a viable population.
- Enjoy our B3 Bar service
- Stay overnight at Green Park Chitwan Resort
Day 13: Morning in Chitwan and drive to Kathmandu via Pharping
- Wake up
- Tea & coffee
- Bird watching tour: Bird watching simply means observation or study of birds in its natural habitat. Chitwan National Park is the popular spots for bird watching with over 450 species of birds. While travelling on jeep or riding on elephant back you will able to see numbers of birds. Blue-Throat, long-tailed nightjar, lesser adjutant storks, Brown crakes, Brown Fish owl etc are the famous birds found in Chitwan National Park.
- Proceed for departure and our private car/van pick you up from Resort and drive to Kathmandu, on the way in Pharping, lunch break in Stephan's house and later in the evening transfer to Hotel Marshyangdi in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Final Departure from Kathmandu
Your trip will come to an end today after breakfast. Your leader will be on hand to advise and assist with your onward travel arrangements and transfer to Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport by our private van around 3 hours before your flight schedule and flight back to your home/other travel destination.
Note: Depending on the ages of children, they get discount in trek cost and domestic flight ticket cost accordingly. Also Horse renting in Annapurna Region is USD 75 per day per horse including horse man, his food, accommodation, salary and insurance.
Our Trek Package Cost includes;
* Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up and transfer by private car/van.
* 3 nights deluxe accommodation in twin bed sharing basis with breakfast at 3* hotel Marshyangdi in Kathmandu and
* 2 nights deluxe accommodation in twin bed sharing basis with breakfast at 3* hotel Temple Tree Resort in Pokhara.
* Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley as per above mentioned itinerary and all entrance fees.
* Domestic flight tickets from Kathmandu to Pokhara and airport tax.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation,salary, equipments & insurance.
* All transportation by private vehicle.
* Annapurna Conservation Area Permit.
* All necessary permits.
* White water rafting package trip for 2 days and all rafing equipment on full board basis.
* Chitwan National park tour package on full board basis.
* First Aid Medical Kit box.
* Office Service charge
* All Government Tax.
Our Trek Package Cost doesn't include;
* Any meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu and Pokhara other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
NOTE: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by clients themselves.
How to Book