Days: 7 / Difficulty: 1 of 5 (Easy)
Dhampus-Australian Camp Easy Trek for families is an ideal trek package for those who are looking for a short holiday in Nepal with their children to experience the rich nature and culture of the Annapurna region. It is a short and easy trek around the tourist paradise of Pokhara which serves exceptional views of the Annapurna massif and Machhapuchhre Himal (6993m), allowing you and your family to create beautiful memories.
Dhampus-Australian Camp Easy Trek for families starts with your arrival in Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. A scenic flight from Kathmandu takes you to Pokhara, from where you take a short drive to Phedi and start the trek. The trek takes you to the beautiful village of Dhampus, inhabited mostly by the Gurung people. The village offers striking views of the Annapurna massif along with Machhapuchhre (6993m) and Annapurna South (7219m) rising behind the traditional houses in front of the lush green hills. The trek then takes you to Australian Camp which features equally breathtaking views of the Annapurna massif. Besides the mountain views, the sunrise and sunset view from the camp is another highlight of this trek. As you trek through the rhododendron and oak forests while enjoying the views of the snowcapped mountains, you will have an amazing time bonding with your family. You will trek through dense forest and traditional villages along the hillside where you meet many locals en route with whom you can interact to learn about their way of life. The final destination of the trek, Naudanda is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature. You can spend quality time with your family, enjoying the scenic views and experiencing the warm hospitality of the local people. Being an easy trek on proper trails paved with flag-stones, the entire family can enjoy this trek without difficulty.
Having crossed more than 15 years in the travel business, Swiss Family Treks and Expedition is a renowned company in Nepal, best known for its quality of service. We stand out for providing excellent travel packages for families and families with children and make sure that you and your family have a safe and enjoyable holiday in Nepal. With our friendly local guide, your family will be able to interact with the locals and get the most out of the journey.
Highlights of the Trek:
- Panoramic and closed views of Annapurna massif, explore in the valley,
- unobstructed sunrise and sunset view, picturesque villages,
- experiencing with life style and culture of Gurung people,
- walking in the narrow and stone paved trail, waterfalls,
- scenic mountain flight to and from Pokhara, explore lake city of Pokhara,
- walking through dense Rhododendron forest and even more beautiful in Spring.
Fact of the Trek
Type of Trek
Während der wanderung Vollpension
3* Hotel in Kathmandu, Pokhara & Lodges auf dem trek
Herbst (Sep-Oct-Nov), Frühling (März-April-Mai) & Winter (Dez-Jan-Feb)
Indlandflug und Privatfahrzeuge
Day Hikes from Pokhara for familes, 7 Days
from 710 USD /
Days: 7 / Difficulty: 2 of 5 (Moderate)
Day Hikes from Pokhara is one of the shortest and easy hiking holiday around Pokhara valley. Besides being one of the major city of the Himalayan kingdom of Nepal, is the place from where one can start the most exciting treks to the Annapurna region, which is seen hanging out in front of you as you enter the Pokhara. These mountains are just 30 — 40 km away from Pokhara. Trekking in...
Annapurna Foothills Trek for families, 8 Days
from 695 USD /
Days: 8 / Difficulty: 2 of 5 (Moderate)
Annapurna Foothills Trek for families is a trek perfectly suited for families, where you can enjoy the astounding views of the Himalayas and create memories with your family in the lap of nature. This 8 days trek takes you to several Gurung villages hosting breathtaking panorama of the Annapurna massif, giving you a thrilling cultural and natural experience. As it is an easy trek, people of...
Annapurna Luxury Trek, 9 Days
from 2.355 USD /
Days: 9 / Difficulty: 2 of 5 (Moderate)
Annapurna Luxury Trek is without a doubt the most famous and classical trek in Nepal which provides an opportunity for trekkers to explore the Annapurna region trekking past the traditional village, densely forested trail and amazing landscapes. From spectacular mountain views to walking alongside the mountain stream and forested path, staying in luxury hotels in cities/deluxe lodges in the...
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
The trip begins with your arrival in Kathmandu. Our company representative will receive you at the airport and then you will be transferred to the hotel for your overnight stay.
Day 2: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara 820m/35min and transfer to Hotel.
Our company van will take you to the airport from where you take the domestic flight to the beautiful city of Pokhara. You fly over the green hills and rushing streams while enjoying the views of Annapurna Mountain range until you land in Pokhara. Upon arrival in Pokhara, a private vehicle will transfer you to the hotel. Enjoy your free time exploring the lake city. Overnight at a 3-star hotel in Pokhara.
Day 3: Drive from Pokhara to Phedi and trek to Dhampus Village 1650m/3hours.
You leave Pokhara and take an hour drive to Phedi. Climb the stone staircase through the rhododendron forest and make your way into the picturesque Dhampus village. From Dhampus, you get the views of the peaks of Annapurna range from the southern side along with other snowcapped mountains like Machhapuchhre (6993m) and Lamjung Himal (6883m). You and your children can interact with the local Gurung people, especially the children, and allow yourself to be awed by their simplicity and innocence. Overnight at lodge.
Day 4: Trek from Dhampus Village to Australian Camp 2165m/3 hours and afternoon short jungle walking.
Today you start the trek with a gentle climb through the rhododendron and oak forests and make your way to Pothana. After a short rest in Pothana, you begin the climb through the stone staircase. This stone staircase was laid by the village development committee for the inflow and outflow of goods. You arrive at the Australian Camp in about 3 hours. In the afternoon, you can go for a short walk through the jungle surrounding the camp. From here, you can enjoy fantastic views of the Annapurna massif shining behind the traditional houses of the nearby settlement. Overnight at lodge.
Day 5: Trek from Australian Camp to Kande 1770m/2 hours and drive to Naudanda.
Hike down along the rocky trail for a couple of hours to reach Kande village. A private vehicle will be waiting for you in Kande. From here, you take a short drive to Naudanda. You will be transferred to the resort in Naudanda where you can enjoy the local meals and relish the views of Annapurna range and Machhapuchhre (6993m). Overnight at resort.
Day 6: Drive from Naudanda to Pokhara and flight back to Kathmandu
You leave Naudanda and take a short drive to Pokhara. In Pokhara, you take a boat and visit Tal Barahi Temple, situated in the middle of Phewa Lake. In the afternoon, you take the flight back to Kathmandu. Our company van will pick you up at the airport and transfer you to the hotel. Feel free to explore the markets near you. Overnight at a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 7: Final Departure from Kathmandu
The 7-day trip comes to an end. You will be dropped at the airport in our company van 3 hours before your flight schedule.
Note: Depending on the ages of children, they get discount in trek cost and domestic flight ticket cost accordingly. Also Horse renting in Annapurna Region is USD 75 per day per horse including horse man, his food, accommodation, salary and insurance.
Booking open now: Join with us on a Dhampus-Australian Camp Trek for families in 2018/2019
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
NOTE: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by clients themselves.
||below 12 years
||below 6 years
|Trip is available
* Dates can be flexible, please contact us for individual dates.
* Flughafen / Hotel / Flughafen, Transfer mit privatem Auto / Van.
* 4 Nächte Deluxe-Unterkunft in einem Doppelzimmer mit Frühstück im 3 * Hotel Marshyangdi in Kathmandu, im Temple Tree Resort in Pokhara und im Himalayan Deurali Resort in Nagdanda.
* Inlandsflug von KTM-PKR-KTM und Flughafensteuer.
* Mahlzeiten (Frühstück, Mittag- und Abendessen) mit Tee und Kaffee sowie gefiltertes Wasser während der Wanderung.
* Lodge Unterkunft während der Wanderung.
* 1 erfahrener, hilfsbereiter und freundlicher Führer, Träger (1 Träger für 2 Personen), deren Verpflegung, Unterkunft, Gehalt, Ausrüstung und Versicherung.
* Alle Transporte mit privatem Fahrzeug.
* Annapurna Conservation Area Permit.
* Alle erforderlichen Genehmigungen.
* Erste-Hilfe-Tasche für medizinische Notfàlle.
* Alle staatlichen Steuern.
* Alle Mahlzeiten (Mittag- und Abendessen) in Kathmandu und Pokhara außer dem Frühstück.
* Internationaler Flug von und nach Nepal.
* Nepal Touristenvisumgebühr.
* Artikel und Ausgaben persönlicher Natur.
* Jede Art von alkoholischen Getränken, kalten Getränken, Wäsche, Telefon, Internet.
* Persönliche Trekkingausrüstung wie Schlafsäcke, Jacken (alle können in KTM gemietet werden)
* Notevakuierung (Hubschrauberrettung).
* Kosten, die durch eine Änderung der Reiseroute, durch Erdrutsche, Inlandsflugverspätungen, politische Unruhen, Streiks usw. entstehen.
* Alle anderen Kosten, die nicht in den inbegriffenen Kosten aufgeführt sind.
* Miete von Pferden und zusätzliche Träger aufgrund von Naturkatastrophen während der Wanderung.
* Trinkgeld für Führer, Träger, Fahrer ...
Dhampus-Australian Camp Easy Trek for families, 7 Days
Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH, Switzerland
Swiss Himalayan Family Treks & Expedition P. Ltd
Ganeshtan-6, Pharping Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone +977 4710390
Cell +977 9803200543 Stephan
Cell +977 9849193453 Ashta
- Dhampus-Australian Camp Family Lodge Trek 5 Days, April 2011
I enjoyed the trip a lot and next time we will be better prepared what to bring. We certainly look forward to using your services again.
It was really fun.
See you again.
Jenty, Andreas, Jakob & Delphine
4 Adults and 4 Children
Germany and American
- Kathmandu, Chitwan, Pokhara and Australian Camp Family Lodge Trek 9 Days, 11 Oct to 19 Oct 2013
General comment: great welcome, perfect organization and flexibility, trustable, expectations met despite unforeseen (and unusual at this time of the year) heavy rain !
French Family of 5 living in Dubai
Please have a look what our clients saying about their trip with us in our Testimonials in website and Tripadvisor Reviews.