Days: 17 / Difficulty: 4 of 5 (Strenuous)
In a remarkably conciliatory gesture, the Chinese agreed to reopen the border on the Humla Karnali in northwest Nepal early in 1993, allowing foreigners to approach Mount Kailash on foot legally for the first time in history. Today, it is possible to make your own pilgrimage to Kailash through one of the most enchantingly beautiful and unspoiled corners of Nepal, instead of suffering the week-long ordeal of an overland journey from Lhasa. For travelers interested in the ancient history and culture of the Himalaya, this is a unique opportunity. After our Kailash journey we'll travel through this amazing country, staying in the best traditional hotels Tibet has to offer. In the towns of Lhatse, Gyantse, Shigatse and Lhasa we explore further monasteries and fully immerse ourselves in the Buddhists culture. In addition we will see the highest and biggest lake in Tibet.
Fixed Departure; 2018
Day 1: KATHMANDU ARRIVAL
Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with SFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Tibet Tour, relax.
Day 2: SIGHTSEEING TOUR
Full day Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley with our fluent English speak and experience Tour Guide by private car, Overnight in Hotel. (In the morning Tibet Visa preparation)
Day 3: KATHMANDU TO NYALAM (3750m)
Early morning, you will drive to Kodari(the border town of Nepal) by private vehicle. After finishing immigration formalities on the Nepal side, we walk up to the friendship bridge (5 minutes), where our Tibetan guide and vehicle are waiting for us. On the other side of the friendship bridge, we go to the quarantine check and at the same time our Sherpa staff will shift your luggage into Chinese vehicles and then we proceed to Zhangmu (15 minutes drive). In Zhangmu, once again you have to be queued up for immigration. Sometimes this process takes a long time if there are many tourists. After finishing immigration formalities in Zhangmu you will drive to Nyalam. It takes two and half hours to reach Nyalam. Today your total journey will be 7 hours. Overnight at Nyalam Guesthouse or Hotel.
Day 4: FREE DAY IN NYALAM
Free day at Nyalam for acclimatization. You can make short excursions around Nyalam. Overnight at Nyalam Guesthouse or Hotel.
Day 5: NYALAM TO SAGA (4600m) 250km-7hours
Today we drive for approximately 250 km to Saga (4464m). While driving to Saga, we will be passing over the Thong-La Pass 5200m, also known as Lablung La, which is our highlight of today. From Nyalam it takes 2 hours to reach the high pass, you can see the magnificent view of the Himalayan range including Mt. Shisapangma, the highest mountain in Tibet. We take a short break at Peiku Lake (on the way) for a picnic lunch then continue our journey. Saga is a growing town situated at the bank of river Brahmaputra. There is a government Hospital and some basic guest houses. Overnight at Camp.
Day 6: SAGA TO PARYANG (4550m) 260 Km- 6 hours
Today we drive about 260 km to reach Paryang (4500m). Overnight at Camp.
Day 7: PARYANG TO LAKE MANSAROVER (4550m) 280 km-7hours
Drive of about 280km to Mansarovar camp (15400ft) at the shore of Mansarovar. Overnight stay at Guest house.
Day 8: LAKE MANSAROVAR TO DARCHEN (4663m) 4hours
Morning Pooja, holy bath at Mansarovar. After lunch, Mansarovar Khora by land cruiser. Short drive to Dharchen (base camp of Kailash) 15600ft.
Day 9: START PARIKRAMA, CAMP AT DEHRAPHUK GOMPA
Early morning (after breakfast), we take a 45 minutes ride in the Jeep to Tarboche (the parikrama starting point). This is the easily accessible point from where you can see the closest view of Mt. Kailash. Today we will walk almost about 6 hours. The trail is reasonably easy and flat. We camp at Dehraphuk (4880m). Those who are not able to go for the Khora will be brought back to Lake Mansarovar where they will be staying for another two days and waiting for the Khora group. In this period we provide accommodation in Camp. There will be additional charge for the accommodation in the guesthouse.
Day 10: CONTINUE KHORA ZUTHULPHUK (4760m)
The group undertaking the Khora will further trek to Zuthulphuk (16000ft) via Dolma La pass (5600m). Camp at Zuthulphuk. The passengers who are not taking Khora (circumbulation) will have resting time at Lake Mansarovar.
Day 11: END KHORA, THEN DRIVE TO LAKE MANASAROVAR (HORA QUI)
After a short trek, we will reach near Darchen from where we will be picked up by a Land Cruiser and drive to Lake Manasarovar to join the group. Overnight at camp.
Day 12: JOURNEY TO PARYANG
Drive Lake to Mansarovar to Paryang. Overnight stay at camp.
Day 13: JOURNEY TO SAGA
Drive Paryang to Saga. Overnight stay at Camp.
Day 14: JOURNEY TO NYALAM
Drive Saga to Nyalam. Overnight at Nyalam Guesthouse or Hotel.
Day 15: JOURNEY TO KATHMANDU
Drive Nyalam to Zhangmu then continue to Kodari. From Kodari our bus takes you back to Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 16: Full day Sightseeing in Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Square with our Tour Guide by private car, Overnight in Hotel.
Day 17: Departure to International Airport.
Our Tour Package Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 Nights accommodation with breakfast at Standard hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* 12 Nights twin sharing guest house and tented accommodation during the Tibet Tour (Guesthouse).
* All Guided Sightseeing Trip in Tibet and entry fees.
* A local English speaking Tibetan guide for the Kailash Khora.
* Meals (Bed and breakfast) during the Tibet Tour.
* All land transportation by private vehicle in Nepal and Tibet Tour.
* Horses and Yaks during the tour.
* Tibet Travel Permit and all necessary permits.
* Tourist service charge, Vat.
* Office Service charge.
* Tour Guide for sightseeing trip in Kathmandu and his insurance and salary.
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Lunch and Dinner during the Tibet Tour.
* Photographic charges in the monasteries.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees and Nepal re-entry Visa.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Extra cost to hire Horses/Yaks/Porters and other vehicles due to natural calamaties.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Note: The package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste. For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition (P) Ltd. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.