Days: 20 / Difficulty: 4 of 5 (Strenuous)
Introduction to Humla Chang La Valley Trek
Entering from Simikot, (2910m) eastwards into Thehe and Dozam village, the trail follows the Chang River through the lush valleys of medicinal forest products and wild animals reaching the enigmatic view of Changla, (6900m) and the pristine lakes and peaks in the periphery. Finally, the trail winds touching the Limi valley and circulating back into Simikot through Kermi village. This is a route used by ancient traders and caravan, and now by the herders. For tourists this is a new route to set your foot print.
Itinerary in details
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with our representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and tour briefing, relax.
Day 2: A full day Kathmandu valley sightseeing tour with our tour guide by private car, stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj 200m, stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 4: Fly from Nepalgunj to Simikot 2950m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 5: Trek from Simikot to Gyagru 2250m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 6: Trek from Gyagru to Shambayok Talla Shanu, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 7: Trek from Shambayok to Dhyugling samba 3460m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Trek from Dhyugling samba to Gurukpa 3930m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 9: Trek from Gurukpa to Rakarbu 4250m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek from Rakarbu to Changmathang 4450m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Changmathang to Chang La 4900m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Chang La to Nhewatang Phug 4390m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek from Nhewatung Phug to Tashi Lung 4150m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Tashi Lung to Phyajang Thang 4575m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek from Phyajang Thang to Larcha 4650m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Trek from Larcha to Risarba, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek from Risarba to Tangin village, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 18: Trek from Tangin village to Simikot, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 19: Fly from Simikot to Nepalgunj and fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 20: Final Departure to International Airport.
Our Trek Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 3 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* Domestic flght ticket KTM/Nepalgunj/Simikot/Nepalgunj/KTM and airport tax.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot /cold filter water during the trek.
* Accommodation in Nepalgunj.
* Tented camp accommodation during the trek.
* All transportation by private car.
* Humla Restricted Area Permit.
* All Necessary permits.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* All Camping Equipments (Tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, kitchen utensils etc.)
* Office Service charge.
* All government tax.
Our Trek Package Cost doesn't include;
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides,domestic flight delays, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.