Days: 31 / Difficulty: 4 of 5 (Strenuous)
The Great Himalayan Trail Alpine Way Hard GHT (Humla)
Section 9: From Jumla to Simikot Nyalu Lagna Pass 4988m, Camping Trek 31 Days
Jumla and Rara lie northwest of Kathmandu in the remote area of Karnali. The route is very much 'off the beaten track' and affords glimpses of cultures and scenery very different from the rest of Nepal. This trek is offered as an extension to Trek Jumla to Rara, so this will add a further week to your trip. The journey north whilst rewarding in its beauty, is a difficult hike as one travels steeply up and then down from one gorge to another. This is the province of Humla, often referred to as the Hidden Himalayas and ups and down trails, will soon become your mantra. The high altitude lake is ringed with pine, spruce and juniper forests, and mirrors snowcapped Himalayan peaks. The people here are primarily farmers, livestock herders and traders. In spite of alpine meadows and difficult terrain for farming they depend upon supplementary of salts for their existence. They supply salt from Tibet to barter with grain from lowlands of Nepal. They have developed their lifestyle as Buddhists in Tibet. The route is not much obstacles. The glimpses of cultures and scenery are very different from the rest of Nepal which makes the visitors experienced of real remote areas. This route across over the beautiful and high remote area of Karnali and entering in Simikot-Hilsa valley. This tough but rewarding trek offers the opportunity to meet the friendly villagers of upper Humla. Visit the monasteries that are 400-1000 years oldand experience the unique culture of the past still in practice. Added to this is scenery of pine-forested Karnali gorge and beautiful Saipal and Nalakankad mountain range. The area untouched by modern changes and believed to be the present form of mythical Shangri-La.
Minimum 4 participants in group
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu International Airport and meet with our company’s representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about trip, relax.
Day 2: Full day Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley such as Swayambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath Temple with our Tour Guide by private car, overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and transfer to Hotel.
Day 4: Fly from Nepalgunj to Jumla 2370m and trek to Chauriyachaur 3010m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 5: Trek from Chauriyachaur to Jaljala Chaur 3270m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 6: Trek from Jaljala Chaur to Hatsinja 2490m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 7: Trek from Hatsinja to Gorusingha 3190m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Trek from Gorusingha to Rara Lake 3130m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 9: Exploring Rara Lake, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek from Rara Lake to Luma Village 2110m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Luma Village to Changkheli 3600m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Changkheli to Dharma Village 2550m/7 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek from Dharma Village to Melcham 2800m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Melcham to Pomkha 2800m/7 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek from Pomkha to Ghatte 2600m/7 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Trek from Ghatte to Simikot 2950m/8 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek from Simikot to Hepka 3500m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 18: Trek from Hepka to Sechi Lagna 4540m/7 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 19: Trek from Sechi Lagna to Dharamshala 4800m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 20: Trek from Dharamshala to Tankchhe 4200m/8 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 21: Trek from Tankchhe to Halji 3720m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 22: Trek from Halji to Manepeme 3992m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 23: Trek from Manepeme to Hilsa 3600m/5 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 24: Trek from Hilsa to Shivshiv 4340m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 25: Trek from Shivshiv to Muchu 3130m/7 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 26: Trek from Muchu to Kermi 2790m/7 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 27: Trek from Kermi to Dharapori 2610m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 28: Trek from Dharapori to Simikot 2950/5 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 29: Fly from Simikot to Nepalgunj and fly back to Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel.
Day 30: Full Day Sightseeing in Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Square with our Tour Guide by private car, overnight in Hotel.
Day 31: Final Departure to International Airport.
Our Trek Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** Standard hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* All transportation.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, 1 sherpa (tents), porters (1 porter for 2person), their food & accommodation, bus ticket, salary, equipments and insurance.
* Humla-Simikot Restricted Area Permit and all necessary permits.
* Rara National Park Permit and all necessary permits.
* Domestic flight ticket from KTM/Nepalgunj/Jumla-Simikot/Nepalgunj/KTM and domestic airport tax.
* All Camping Equipments (Dinning Tent, Kitchen Tent, Guest Tent, Toilet Tent, Mattresses) and Kitchen equipments (Utensils).
* Office Service charge.
* Guide & support staffs insurance and salary
Our Trek Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays,political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.