Days: 30 / Difficulty: 5 of 5 (Very Strenuous)
The Great Himalayan Trail Alpine Way Hard GHT (Annapurna-Mustang)
Section 6: From Besisahar to Jomsom via Saribung Expedition 6346m, Camping Trek 30 Days
Mt. Saribung (6346m) is located in the remote part of Mustang region of Damodar Himal close to the border of Tibet. Saribung Expedition is new and shortly became very popular for trekking and expedition in Nepal. The trekking route of Saribung expedition starts from Besisahar (Headquarter of Lamjung district) along the Marsyangdi Valley towards the Naar-Phu region trail by crossing some high passes and scenic landscape as well beautiful villages. The trek will continue towards the Upper Mustang trekking region and finally end at Jomsom (Head quarter of Mustang district) traversing high snowy Saribung Pass. This peak is technically very easy to climb but there are some high ice passes, which demands physical fitness. This is not; however, a technical climbing though considered being a challenging expedition due to altitude variation and remoteness of the area. Stretched dry rugged terrain and glacier travel mode for the most part with at the most a couple of sections of fixed line requiring the use of a jumar and other climbing gears. Saribung trekking and expedition will start from one region and end another trekking region by enjoying scenery, religions, geographic elevation and will cross the challenging passes near Mt. Saribung. The trekkers and climbers really enjoy its fantastic and picturesque views of Himalaya and beyond. During the trekking, trekkers meet different villages, monasteries, culture and religion of Tibetan style every day. The main important thing is spectacular mountain scenery, which will see from the top of Mt. Saribung. To scale this high mountain and complete the trip, Swiss-Nepal Family Trekking & Expedition provide for expedition with all necessary infrastructures to assist you in your summit attempt with our highly experience climber, guide and support crews. We will do the necessary paperwork for expedition and trekking permit organize all accommodation before and after expedition. We organize camp facilities, transport loads, stock and set up camps, fix ropes, provide food, high altitude food, high quality tents, porters, professional Climbing Sherpas, advice and assistance.
Minimum 4 participants in group
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu International Airport and meet with our company’s representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about trip, relax.
Day 2: Full day Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley such as Swayambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa, and Pashupatinath Temple with our Tour Guide by private car, overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Bhulbule 840m/6 hours and trek to Ngadi 930m/1 hour, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 4: Trek from Ngadi to Jagat 1300m/6 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 5: Trek from Jagat to Dharapani 1860m/6 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 6: Trek from Dharapani to Koto 2600m/6 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 7: Trek from Koto to Meta 3560m/8 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 8: Trek from Meta to Kyang 3820m/5 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 9: Trek from Kyang to Phu Gaon 4080m/4 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 10: Exploring the Lost Valley of Phu Gaon and Oldest Buddhist Monasteries, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Phu Gaon to Nagoru 4400m/7 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Nagoru to Saribung Phedi 5240m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Rest day and acclimatizing in surrounding hills, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Saribung Phedi to Saribung Pass 5600m/7 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Climb to Summit of Saribung Expedition 6346m and back to Base Camp, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Trek from Saribung Base Camp to Namta Khola 4200m/7 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek from Namta Khola to Ghuma Thanti 4850m/7 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 18: Trek from Ghuma Thanti to Luri Gompa 4000m/6 hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 19: Trek from Luri Gompa to Dhi Gaon 3390m/4 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 20: Trek from Dhi Gaon to Lo-Manthang 3840m/6 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 21: Exploring the ancient Wall City of Lo-Manthang and ancient Buddhist Monasteries, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 22: Trek from Lo-Manthang to Tsarang 3560m/8 hours via Lo-Gyaker Gompa, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 23: Trek from Tsarang to Ghiling 3570m/7 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 24: Trek from Ghiling to Chhukung 2980m/7 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 25: Trek from Chhukung to Muktinath 3760m/6 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 26: Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom 2720m/5 hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 27: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara and transfer to Hotel.
Day 28: Half day Sightseeing in Pokhara Valley and afternoon fly back to Kathmandu . Pick up in airport and transfer to Hotel.
Day 29: Full day Sightseeing in Bhaktapur Durbar Square and Patan Durbar Square with our Tour Guide by private car, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 30: Final Departure to International Airport.
Our Trek Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 night accommodation with breakfast at 3*** Standard hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* Full Camping Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the campingtrek.
* Camping Equipments: Kitchen Tent, Dining Tent, Member/Client Tent, Guide Tent, Kitchen Equipments for Cooking.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, 1 sherpa(tents), porters (1 porter for 2 peoples) Guide, Cook and Suport Staffs/Porters Salaries, insurance and Equipment Charge.
* All domestic flights (Jomsom/Pokhara) and airport tax.
* Annapurna conservation area permit and all necessary permit (Tims).
* Upper Mustang Restricted Area Permit.
* Naar Phu Restricted Area Permit.
* Climbing Peak Permit and Climbing Sherpa’s Salary and Insurance.
* All Transportation.
* Office Service charge.
* All Goverment Tax.
Our Trek Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays,political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.