Days: 14 / Difficulty: 4 of 5 (Strenuous)
Yala Peak Climbing is one of Nepal's easier trekking peak, just to the north of Kathmandu in the beautiful Langtang valley region, this 5500 meters peak does not require mountaineering experience and it is royalty free peak. Climbing Yala Peak and trek through Langtang is one of the easiest, romantic, wonderful and adventurous climbing peak and trek in Nepal. Prior climbing experience is not required though, previous outdoor experience and average level of fitness is recommended. There are two to three options of how to go to Yala. The most famous and easiest one is, to follow the route, where you take the trail starting from Syabru Besi. After a 9 hour drive from Kathmandu, you will arrive in Syabru Besi and follow the itinerary given for climbing Yala peak. After five days hiking up, you will arrive, thorough the beautiful Langtang valley, to Kyanjim Gompa at 3800m. Kyanjim Gompa is situated below Langtang Lirung (7246 m) and we spend three days acclimatizing taking day-hikes in spectacular surroundings. Kyanjim Gompa is very interesting place in itself. It is a nice surprise to see a Cheese factory, established in1955 by the Swiss Association for Technical Assistance in Kyanjim Gompa. Climbing Yala Peak and do the Langtang valley trek, gives you several opportunities to visit Buddhist monasteries around and gives you a sense of the Tibetan Buddhist culture and historical phenomena. We establish our base camp on a meadow at 4800 m and climb Yala Peak the next day. The last 700 m is on ice so we will be using crampons, ice axe and rope. From the summit we can see Shishapangma (8046 m) and the fluted Gangchempo (6388m). After climbing Yala Peak we will return to Syabrubesi and drive back to Kathmandu. Yala Peak is one of the well-known peaks in Langtang region. Any peak climbing program is associated with a trekking trip unless you fly directly to the Base camp with a helicopter. Similarly, Yala peak is one of them, mingled with the Langtang trek, which is known as cultural and village walk, because along the way you will be walking through different villages having Tibetan culture.
Outline Yala Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and meet with SFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Trekking and Peak Climbing, relax.
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi 1467m/7hrs by private 4W land cruiser, Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 3: Trek from Thulo Syabru to Lama Hotel 2470m/6hrs, Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 4: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang Village 3330m/5hrs, Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 5: Trek from Langtang Village to Kyanjin Gompa 3870m/3hrs, Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 6: Acclimatization day, hike to Tsergo-Ri 4985m/6hrs, Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 7: Trek from Kyanjin Gompa to Yala Base Camp 4600m/6hrs, Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Summit to Yala Peak 5500m and back to Kyanjin Gompa 3870m/8hrs, Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 9: Reserve Day for climbing in case of bad weather and overnight at Lodge.
Day 10: Trek from Kyanjin Gompa to Lama Hotel 2470m/5hrs, Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Lama Hotel to Khanjim 2235m/5hrs via Sherpa Gaon, Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 12: Trek from Khanjim to Syabrubesi 1467m/5hrs, Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 13: Drive from Syabrubesi to Kathmandu by private 4W land cruiser and transfer to Hotel.
Day 14: Final Departure to International Airport for your further destination.
Our Yala Peak Climbing Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 2 nights deluxe accommodation with breakfast at 3* hotel in Kathmandu.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with hot/cold filter water, tea & coffee during the trek.
* Lodge to lodge and tented accommodation during the trek and climbing period.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 persons) if necessary, their food & accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
* Camping Equipments (Tent, kitchen utensils and mattresses).
* Langtang National Park Permit and all necessary permits.
* Climbing Guide (Sherpa) Equipments Charge and insurance.
* All transportation by private vehicle.
* First Aid Medical Kit box.
* Office Service charge.
* All Government Tax.
Our Yala Peak Climbing Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fair to and from Nepal
* Emergency Evacuation.
* Nepal Tourist Visa.
* Items and expenses of personal nature
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments (down sleeping bag and down jackets are available to hire or buy in Kathmandu,
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Peak Climbing Trip: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
NOTE: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.