Days: 19 / Difficulty: 5 of 5 (Very Strenuous)
Mardi Himal Peak Climbing is considered to be an ideal introduction to mountaineering in the high Himalaya and located in Annapurna region, particularly if you have limited time available. No previous experience of high altitudes is necessary, as every precaution will be taken to ensure gradual and thorough acclimatization during the trek to the mountain. Although Mardi Himal Peak climbing is the shortest and probably the easiest of our expeditions in Nepal, to maximize both your enjoyment and your chances of success, you need and it is a royalty free peak. A major benefit of Mardi Himal is the ability to climb it in a round trip of a little over 2 weeks. It therefore makes a visit to the Himalaya a real possibility for those who hitherto have not been able to find the time to join a longer expedition. This peak is located in the east of the Modi Khola, across the valley from Hiunchuli. It is separated from Machhapuchhre ridge by a col. and usual route of ascent reaches this Col about 5,200m and reaches the summit via a route on its east flank. Although the mountain rises above the entrance to the Annapurna sanctuary it is not often visited. Mardi Himal trek reaches and then follows the Mardi Khola for 2 days before turning and climbing the ridge line for 3 more days before reaching base camp around 4,100m. The climb has problems with route finding and effort but little technical difficulty: the couloirs leading to the Col on the East Face can present an avalanche danger with fresh snow. The climb begins by heading steeply towards the col on the connecting ridge between Mardi Himal and Machhapuchhre. High camp is usually placed just below the final steep (45 degrees) couloirs leading to the Col about 4,650m. From high camp, climb to the Col and turn west, ascending steep snow slopes to the summit. Descend the same route.
Outline Mardi Himal Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with SFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Trekking and Peak Climbing.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara 820m/6-7hours by A/C Tourist Bus and transfer to Hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Pokhara to Mardi Pul 1000m/2hours and trek to Ghachok 1254m/3-4hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 04: Trek from Ghachok to Dhiprang 1440m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 05: Trek from Dhiprang to Chichemle Kharka 2645m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 06: Trek from Chichemle Kharka to Khumai Danda 3245m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 07: Trek from Khumai Danda to Korchon 3682m/4-5hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Exploration Day, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 09: Trek from Korchon to Mardi Himal Base Camp South 4120m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Climb from Base Camp to High Camp 5120m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Summit to Mardi Himal 5553m and back to Base Camp 4120m/7-8hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Reserve Day for Climbing due to Bad weather, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek from Base Camp to Meshrom Kharka 2960m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Meshrom Kharka to Takru 1450m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek from Takru to Lwang 1460m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Trek from Lwang to Lachok 1160m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek from Lachok to Mardi Pul and drive back to Pokhara, transfer to Hotel.
Day 18: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu 1300m/6-7hours by A/C Tourist Bus and transfer to Hotel.
Day 19: After breakfast Final Departure to International Airport.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 nights deluxe accommodations with breakfast at 3* hotel in Kathmandu and Standard hotel in Pokhara.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* Tented accommodations with 2 persons sharing basis during the trek and climbing.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* Camping Equipments (Tents, Kitchen Utensils and Mattresses).
* All transportation by tourist bus/car.
* Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and all necessary permits.
* Peak Climber’s (Sherpa) equipments charge, insurance and salary.
* First Aid Medical Kit box and necessary emergency medicines.
* Office Service charge and government tax.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu and Pokhara other than breakfast.
* Personal Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Peak Climbing Trip: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.