Days: 23 / Difficulty: 5 of 5 (Very Strenuous)
Chulu West Peak Climbing is one of the popular trekking in peak Annapurna region. Chulu west peak 6419m is situated in a little valley, which is north of Manang. This is one of the Peak can be seen from the major trail Annapurna Thorung La Pass. The Chulu west expedition is the most challenging for both climbing and expedition and it is good for those who are looking for real adventure. The previous climbing experience doesn’t require for this. However, the high level of physical fitness is must. Travelers or mountaineers should have a technical idea to climb Chulu west peak. North West Ridge is summit way. Chulu West peak climbing Nepal offers superb Himalayan views of Annapurna region, the beautiful landscape and mixed culture. March - April and September, October, November is the best season for climbing the Chulu west peak. As Chulu west peak popular trekking peak of Annapurna region, many travelers already climbed this peak. Chulu West peak is part of the Manang Himal, which is quite rightly included in the larger Damodar Himal, the eastern limit of which runs south from Chako and Peak 6687 in a north-to-south direction along the Hunlung Khola, Nar Khola and Phu Khola. To the south it is bounded by the Marsyangdi Khola and the Mesokanta La.
Chulu west peak climbing commence from Beshi Sahar after 5-6 hour drive from Kathmandu. The district headquarters of Lamjung a neighboring district of Gorkha. From Beshi Sahar the trail leads up slowly to wards Manang valley, one of the highest valleys of the world situated at an altitude of 5000m. One-day rest will be set to explore the Manang Valley and for the acclimatization. From Manang valley the route heads north to lead and on to the Chulu West Base camp. Three days are set a side for the ascend of this peak and you head to Thorong-La and follow the same route come back to Katmandu as in the “Around Annapurna trek. We Himalaya Journey Treks and expedition arrange the chulu west peak climbing itinerary according to your holiday schedule and wish with amazing life time experience in Nepal Himalayas.
Minimum 2 participants in group
Due to new ascend with very difficult crossing before High camp it is necessary to put 400m of fix rope. Inconsequence we need 2 days more and 2 climbing Sherpas.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with SFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Trekking and Peak Climbing.
Day 02: Full day Sightseeing Trip in Kathmandu Valley like as Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple and Swoyambhunath Stupa with our well experience English Speaking Tour Guide by private car, Overnight in Hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Bhulbhule 840m/6-7hours by Tourist Bus, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Bhulbhule to Jagat 1300m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Jagat to Dharapani 1860m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 06: Trek from Dharapani to Chame 2670m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 07: Trek from Chame to Lower Pisang 3200m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 08: Trek from Lower Pisang to Manang Village 3540m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 09: Acclimatization Day and exploring village and lakes, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 10: Trek from Manang Village to Yak Kharka 4020m/4-5hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Yak Kharka to Chulu West Base Camp 4930m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12 and 13: Put fix rope, client stays at camp
Day 14: Trek from Chulu West Base Camp to High Camp 5530m/4-5hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Summit to Chulu West Peak 6419m and back to Base Camp 4930m/7-8hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Extra Day for climbing due to bad weather or AMS, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek from Chulu West Base Camp to Thorong-La Phedi 4450m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 18: Trek from Thorong-La Phedi to Muktinath 3760m via Thorong-La Pass 5416m/6-7hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 19: Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom 2720m via Kagbeni 2800m/6-7hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 20: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara 820m/40minutes and transfer to Hotel.
Day 21: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by A/C Tourist Bus and transfer to Hotel.
Day 22: Free Day for Shopping in Kathmandu, stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 23:After breakfast Final Departure to International Airport
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 5 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** hotel in Kathmandu and Standard hotel in Pokhara.
* Kathmandu city/sightseeing tour as per the above itinerary and entrance fees.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* Lodge to lodge and Tented accommodation on sharing basis during the trek and climbing period.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* Camping Equipments (Tents, Kitchen Utensils and Mattresses).
* All transportation by bus/car.
* Domestic flight from Jomsom/Pokhara and airport tax.
* Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and all necessary permits.
* Peak Climbing permit, Garbage deposit.
* Peak Climber’s (Sherpa) equipments charge.
* First Aid Medical Kit box and necessary emergency equipments.
* Office Service charge.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu and Pokhara other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Peak Climbing: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.