Days: 22 / Difficulty: 5 of 5 (Very Strenuous)
Thorong Peak Climbing is one of the most popular and successful adventure programs for among the adventure lovers of the world. To make this program more friendly and successful, there are more than 30 minor trekking peaks open for Alpine climbing under Nepal Mountaineering Association. The climbing of these peaks are controlled under the rules and regulations formulated by this Association but some are formulated by government of Nepal. To climb this beautiful but challenging trekking peak one should need a permit and experienced climbing guide and should go through the registered trekking companies of Nepal .It is true that the previous experience is not necessary to climb the Trekking peak. However, you must be prepared mentally as well as physically for this adventurous expedition. This mountain is the shortest possibility to gain a 6000m Peak while doing the famous trekking around Annapurna. The highest point of this Trekking is Thorong La Pass 5416m. From this pass it is the first mountain to the south. This trekking route is mostly deliberate for them who adore enjoying the flora and fauna of panoramic views of Annapurna Himalayan range. This route takes you to the most stunning mountain landscape, delightful settlement of Gurungs and other communities their slate roofed houses, where you can discover the unbelievable rhododendron forests will gives you different smile. The highest point of this Trekking is Thorang La pass 5416m. There are no detailed maps obtainable about this area of Nepal. The maps you can buy contain south of the pass only a mountain call Khatung Kang 6488 m. But this is not the mountain you can see and climb from Thorong La, but the one behind it. Because of that these mountains often are mixed up. The summit of this peak offers splendid views of Nilgiri peak, Tilicho peak, Dhaulagiri range, Annapurna range, beautiful landscapes of Mustang region with the gorge of Kaligandaki valley. It’s easy to climb technically for the mountaineers according to altitude and snow level very mild.
Minimum 2 participants in group
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with SFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Trekking and Peak Climbing.
Day 02: Full day Sightseeing Trip in Kathmandu Valley like as Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple and Swoyambhunath Stupa with our well experience English Speaking Tour Guide by private car, Overnight in Hotel.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Bhulbhule 840m/6-7hours by Tourist Bus, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Bhulbhule to Jagat 1300m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Jagat to Dharapani 1860m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 06: Trek from Dharapani to Chame 2670m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 07: Trek from Chame to Lower Pisang 3200m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 08: Trek from Lower Pisang to Manang Village 3540m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 09: Acclimatization Day and exploring village and lakes, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 10: Trek from Manang Village to Yak Kharka 4020m/4-5hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi 4450m/6-7hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 12: Trek from Thorong Phedi to Thorong La 5416m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Preparation Day for Climbing, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Summit to Thorong Peak 6145m and back to Muktinath 3760m, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 15: Extra Day for climbing due to bad weather or AMS, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 17: Trek from Muktinath to Kagbeni 2800m/4-5hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 18: Trek from Kagbeni to Jomsom 2720m/5-6hours via Lubra Village, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 19: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara 820m/40minutes and transfer to Hotel.
Day 20: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by A/C Tourist Bus and transfer to Hotel.
Day 21: Free Day for Shopping in Kathmandu, stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 22: After breakfast Final Departure to International Airport.
Our Peak Climbing Cost Package Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 5 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** hotel in Kathmandu and Standard hotel in Pokhara.
* Kathmandu city/sightseeing tour as per the above itinerary.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* Tented accommodation on sharing basis during the trek and climbing period.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* Camping Equipments (Tents, Kitchen Utensils and Mattresses).
* All transportation by bus/car.
* Domestic flight from Jomsom/Pokhara and airport tax.
* Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and all necessary permits.
* Peak Climbing permit, Garbage deposit.
* Peak Climber’s (Sherpa) equipments charge.
* First Aid Medical Kit box and necessary emergency equipments.
* Office Service charge.
Our Peak Climbing Cost Package doesn't include:
* Any meals ( Lunch and Dinner)in Kathmandu and Pokhara other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays,political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Peak Climbing: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.