Days: 16 / Difficulty: 5 of 5 (Very Strenuous)
Ramdung Go Peak Climbing is situated south of the Teshilabtsa pass, which borders Khumbu and the immense Rolwaling valley. Crossing the pass into the remote valley of Rolwaling takes you to the rarely climbed peak of Ramdung. Your climb of this 'hidden peak' of the Himalayan wilderness begins with a trek into the Rolwaling valley, just recently opened to trekkers. You first make an ascent up lower Ramdung, which, despite its lack of height compared to Parchamo, offers a challenging climb, requiring two high camps on the northeast face route. Under this trip we have program to ascent two peaks Ramdung Go Peak, located in the remote Rolwaling valley. This can be defined as superb alpine climbing. As the Rolwaling is Nepal’s superlative high Himalayan valley, this trip offers you the marvelous vista of the snowcapped mountains including Gauri Shankar, Melungtse and Tashi Peak. Not only the mountain views, the trip also give you an opportunity to observe the local culture, custom and lifestyle. As most of the part of this trek inhabited by Sherpa community, you have great chance to see their way of life and tradition. The views of Melungtse and Gauri Shankar are the spectacular from the top of Ramdung Go Peak. Walking through paddy fields, villages, riverbanks, forests and higher pastures will make your trip pleasant. On the other hand, ascending to Ramdung Go Peak on snow, crossing Tashi Lapcha La Pass over glacier moraine and ascent on Pachhermo Peak give you challenge.
After 5 hours driving from Kathmandu to the Simigaon on the High way to Tibet you will leave the civilization behind and head towards the tranquility of the mountain in the hidden land of Rolwaling valley. The trek passes through spectacular high alpines and rhododendron with picturesque alpine passes including traditional and unspoiled rural villages. Similarly you can have chances to see farms fields, alpine pastures and the highland villages of Sherpas, with the back drop of the towering view of Mt. Gourishankar straddling the border with Tibet. The trek leads to the last village of this area, Rolwaling at Beding. The adventurous journey continues further East to scale the 5920m Ramdung Peak. The climb is not technically hard, but it is certainly challenging on account of the altitude and the peak remoteness. Ramdung in the Rolwaling Himal is most of the time used as a 'warmup' peak for the 6000m in Rolwaling. The normal route is climbed via the Northglacier at the north ridge. The ascent of this Peak requires no more then simple snow walking. The route is not steep but quite long though. Ramdung offers an excellent view of Everest, Melengtse, Gourishankar, and a number of other peaks.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with SFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Trekking and Peak Climbing.
Day 2: Full day Sightseeing Trip in Kathmandu Valley like as Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple and Swoyambhunath Stupa with our well experience English Speaking Tour Guide by private car, Overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu Gonghar and Trek to Simigaon, stay overnight at tented camp
Day 4: Trek from Simigaon to Dokhang 2791m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 5: Trek from Dokhang to Beding 3690m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 6: Exploration Day, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 7: Trek from Beding to Na 4180m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Trek from Na to Camp I (Base Camp) 5000m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 9: Trek from Camp I to High Camp (Ramding La) 5665m/4-5hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Climb to Summit (Ramgung Go Peak 5930m) and back to Tsho Rolpa Lake 4540m/7-8hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Tsho Rolpa Lake to Beding 3690m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Beding to Daldung La 3976m/7-8hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek from Daldung La to Manthali 1070m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Drive back to Kathmandu 8-9 hours and transfer to Hotel.
Day 15: Free Day for Shopping in Kathmandu and stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 16: Final Departure to International Airport.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 nights accommodations with breakfast at Standard hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city/sightseeing tour as per the above itinerary.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* Tented accommodations with 2 persons sharing basis during the trek and climbing.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* Camping Equipments (Tents, Kitchen Utensils and Mattresses).
* All transportation by bus/car.
* Rolwaling Valley Conservation Area Permit and all necessary permits.
* Rolwaling Valley Restricted Permit.
* Peak Climbing permit, Garbage deposit.
* Peak Climber’s (Sherpa) equipments charge, insurance and salary.
* First Aid Medical Kit box and necessary emergency equipments.
* Office Service charge.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Personal Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Peak Climbing: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.