Days: 7 / Difficulty: 2 of 5 (Moderate)
Everest Short Trek offers mountains and villages of the Khumbu, a wonderful mountain panorama and the interesting culture of the Sherpa people. We will visit the villages of Namche Bazar, Khumjung and Buddhist monasteries, while enjoying mountain view all the time. This is one of the most popular treks in the world, through the land of the Sherpa village, with views of the world’s great 8,000-meter peaks. After a 35 minutes scenic flight to Lukla, the trail follows the course of the Dudh Koshi, The River of Milk. The trek is gradually climbing through forest of rhododendron and magnolia, pine forest, Sherpa villages and Buddhist Monasteries. Namche Bazaar is a village in the Khumbu region of Nepal. Namche Bazaar is the unofficial capital of the Khumbu region of Nepal, and is a major stop-off point for trekkers and climbers heading for Mount Everest base camp. The village is located on crescent shaped mountain slopes that offer stunning views of the mountains across the valley. In addition to an abundance of hotels, the village also boasts three small museums, a stupa, monastery, several cafes (locally known as bakeries) and many well stocked stores. It was once an important trading centre on the route from Tibet to Nepal but has now been largely given over to catering for the needs of trekkers. In the rest day in Namche Bazaar one can make a excursion to the small air steep to Syangboche and can visit a Everest view hotel from where you can get a close up view of the world’s greatest mountains, Everest, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Nuptse, Thamserku, Tawache, Khwande, Khumbila (holy mountain) and many other unnamed mountains and peaks.
Itinerary in Detail
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport and you will be met at the airport by our representative who will be waiting with a Swiss Family Treks sign outside the terminal and transfer to Hotel by private car. Welcome drink and after you settle into the hotel there will be a group briefing with your tour leader. He will discuss the trek details and co-ordinate any last minute arrangements. Overnight at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Kathmandu to Lukla (2840m) by Flight and trek to Phakding 2610m, 3-4 hours.
After a 45 minutes flight from Kathmandu to Lukla we have breakfast. Then we start our trek seeing Buddhist monumentson the trail. After 3 hours we arrive in Phakding have lunch there and stay also overnight at lodge in Phakding.
Day 3: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440m, 5-6 hours
In the morning after breakfast we continue our trek to Monjo where we arrive after 3 hours passing many suspension bridges with a nice view of Mt. Thamserku. Lunch in Jorsalle. Then we start to climb up slowly crossing over high suspension bridges until we reach Namche Bazar. Overnight at a lodge in Namche Bazaar.
Day 4: Acclimatization Day:
Today, we hike to the Everest view hotel for a panoramic and spectacular view of the mountains. It takes about 2 hours to reach there, after 1 hour we start to see the mountains. Then we descend to Khumjung village to visit the monastery and we can see the Skull of the Yeti inside the Monastery. This is the biggest Sherpa village in the Khumbu region. We continue our hike to Khunde village and have a lunch there. Then we visit the old monastery and go back to our Lodge in Namche Bazaar.
Day 5: Trek from Namche to Lukla, 2840m, 6-7 hours
In the morning, we leave Namche Bazar first following the trail descenting and then over a high suspension bridge crossing the Dudh Koshi River. Then our trail runs at the banks of River and we arrive in Jorsalle which takes about 2 and half hours. We continue our trek to Phakding with crossing several bridges which takes about 1 and half hours. Here we have our lunch. After lunch our trails continues to Lukla. Overnight at a hotel in Lukla
Day 6: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
Early moning flight back to Kathmandu airport which takes around 45 minutes. Pick up by SFT car and transfer to hotel in Kathmandu. Shopping in Thamel. Overnight at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 7: Final Departure from Kathmandu
Your trip will come to an end today after breakfast. Your leader will be on hand to advise and assist with your onward travel arrangements and transfer to Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport by our private van around 3 hours before your flight schedule and flight back to your home/other travel destination.
Pricing for Group Size Basis:
All inclusive Trek Price for single trekker; USD 1295
All inclusive Trek Price for 2 trekkers basis; USD 1035 per person
Join with Us on a Everest Short Trek in 2021/2022/2023.
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by clients themselves.
|Trip is available
* Dates can be flexible, please contact us for individual dates.
Our Trek Package Cost includes:
* Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up and transfer by private car/van.
* Domestic airport transfer and pick up by private car/van.
* 2 nights deluxe accommodation with breakfast at 3* hotel in Kathmandu on twin bed sharing basis.
* Domestic flight ticket from Ktm/Lukla/Ktm and domestic airport tax.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 persons) if necessary, their food & accommodation, salary, equipment and insurance.
* Everest National Park permit and all necessary permits.
* Office Service charge.
* All Government Tax.
Our Trek Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals (Lunch and Dinner) in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Personal Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Items and expenses of a personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipment like sleeping bags and jackets and so on.
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters used due to natural calamities during the trek.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Everest Short Trek, 7 Days
Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH, Switzerland
Swiss Himalayan Family Treks & Expedition P. Ltd
Ganeshtan-6, Pharping Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone +977 4710390
Cell +977 9803200543 Stephan
Cell +977 9849193453 Ashta