Days: 20 / Difficulty: 5 of 5 (Very Strenuous)
Dhampus peak Climbing 6012m, lies North — East of the big Dhaulagri massif. It is in terms of climbing technicalities an ascent. The overwhelming altitude differences between the Annupurna and Dhaulagiri range make it a very exposed spot to observe the scenery from. Having Tukuche Peak(6920m) and Dhaulagiri(8167m) near you, enjoy the feeling of being part of the extreme altitudes of the Himalayas. The biggest 'mountainworld' with uninterrupted heights between seven and eight thousand meters, containing Annapurna, Annapurna — South, the Nilgiris and the Tilicho Peak tower above the horizon in the South. The 3500 meteres ascent from Tukuche, where our climb start, makes you feel having gone really high. The path to Dhampus Peak follows the westridge, which connects Dhampus pass(5200m), where there is our highest camp. This expedition exceeds the 6000m frontier, no technical skills are required, crampons depends on snow conditions. This means any experience in walking on snow/ice is advisable.
Minimum 2 participants in group
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet SFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing, relax.
Day 2: Full Day Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley with Tour Guide by private car, Dhampus Peak personal presence for official procedure and signature is a must, overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara and drive to Darbang 1110m via Beni by private car, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 4: Trek from Darbang to Sibang 1780m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 5: Trek form Sibang to Muri 1720m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 6: Trek from Muri to Boghara 2080m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 7: Trek from Boghara to Dobang/Dobban 2520m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Trek from Dobang to Choriban 3445m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 9: Trek from Choriban to Italian Base Camp 3660m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Acclimatization Day, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Italian Base Camp to Glacier Camp 4200m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Glacier Camp to Dhaulagiri Base Camp 4748m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Acclimatization Day, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Dhaulagiri Base Camp to Hidden Valley 5180m via French Pass 5360m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek from Hidden Valley to Dhampus High Camp 5400m via Dhampus Pass 5258m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Summit from High Camp to Dhampus Peak 6012m and back to Alu Bari 3900m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek from Alu Bari to Jomsom 2720m via Marpha 2670m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 18: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara and flight back to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 19: Sightseeing in Bhaktapur and Patan City or Free day for shopping in Kathmandu, overnight in Hotel.
Day 20: Departure to International Airport
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at hotel in 3** Kathmandu and Standard hotel in Pokhara.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* Tented Camp accommodation during the trek.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, 1 sherpa(tents), porters(1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
* All trekking equipments (Dining Tent, Kitchen Tent, Toilet tent and Kitchen utensils).
* All transportation by tourist bus and car.
* Flight from KTM to POK and JOM-POK-KTM and airport tax.
* Annapurna Conservation Permit and all necessary permits.
* Peak permit and garbage deposit.
* Climbing Guide equipments charge and insurance.
* Office Service charge.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays,political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Peak Climbing: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.