Days: 3 / Difficulty: 5 of 5 (Very Strenuous)
A deservedly popular and medium length river trip, it is combining exhilarating white water with fine scenery. One of the most famous names of the Himalayan Rivers, it is not only known among Nepalese people… The Kali Gandaki raises in Mustang(an enclave of Nepal) which is poking into Tibet(the other side of the Himalayas), and flows down here.
The Kali Gandaki is a flat and braided river, flowing in an arid open valley. As it tumbles down between the majestic Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna ranges, it creates one of the world's deepest gorges.
The explorer Michael Peissel ran this stretch of the river in a small hovercraft in 1973 and at least two other groups have rafted and kayaked in this section.
All day you have to continue keeping paddlers busy against all technical rapids on the Kali Gandaki River. Nowhere else is it possible to find such diversity on a 3 day raft trip. Nice drops, sparkling chutes and turbulent rapids provide class III to IV+ runs during the fall and spring seasons.
After your exhilarating white water trip you have options either to drive or fly back to Kathmandu or to visit the Royal Chitwan National Park, or again you can go for the trekking trip in the popular area of Annapurna region for few days .
Possible Operation; Autumn & Spring
Departure; Fix and on Request
Rafting Days; 3 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Entrance by; 30 minute flight or a 6 hour drive to Pokhara
Put-in point; Nayapul(70 km/4 hours drive from Pokhara)
Put-out point; Mirme(105 km/5 hours drive back to Pokhara)
River Distance; 55 km.
Evtl. possible Trip; Drive 138 km to Royal Chitwan National Park or go trekking to
Annapurna region, visit Manakamana by cablecar or relax at
the resort with the biggest swimmongpool in Nepal or drive or
fly back to Kathmandu
Numbers of Packs; Minimum 6 persons
Our Trip Package Cost Include:
* All transportation from and to the Rafting Points.
* All Rafting Equipments.
* All Safety Equipments (Life jacket and helmet while on rafting).
* Water proof Bag for your valuable things.
* Domestic flight ticket from KTM/Pokhara and airport tax (but which of course we can include in the package).
* All meal during the Rafting Period (3 meals a day, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Tea, Coffee and Hot Water).
* 2 nights accommodation at tented camp.
* Comprehensive medical kit.
* Full rafting staff (crew) including guides, helper, and cook and as per requirements.
* Office Service charge.
* All taxes.
Out Trip Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Transportation to your next destination.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Equipments
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Join with us on Kali Gandaki Koshi, 3 Days, 2 nights at Rivercamp in 2021/2022
Customize Your Trip This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.