Days: 20 / Difficulty: 5 of 5 (Very Strenuous)
Pokalde Peak Climbing was first climbed in 1953 by a route from the 'Khongma La' along its North-ridge. Despite its relatively low altitude the mountain's first successful climbers were giants of the mountaineering world, a fact that is true of many of the Trekking peaks. Pokalde Peak is an insignificant-looking mountain when seen from Pheriche, from where it appears as a rocky ridge dominated by the vast bulk of Nuptse. Seen from the Labuche or Gorak Shep the peak looks more interesting. Raising to the south of the Khongma La 5,535m an infrequently traversed pass that leads into the Chhukhung Valley. The northern side of the mountain has a small hanging glacier that is best reached along the ridge rising from the Khongma-La. By and large is the rock on the mountain poor, although it does offer some interesting scrambling on the well-defined ridges. The summit provides a good viewpoint and from that perspective is a fine little peak. The trek route is the same as on our Everest Trek, & common to both treks are the three days set aside for exploring the area. After the usual terror flight to Lukla, in which the twin engine plane zips into a toy-sized landing strip and throws itself into a steep, uphill trun--stopping like a runaway truck in sand pit--we head for Namche Bazaar, a Sherpa town that to the impossibly steep mountains. A steep ascent toward the monastery of Tengboche is climbed in tandem with hundreds of trekkers, all headed toward Kala Patthar, Everest, Island Peak, or Lobuche. Panting and sweating, we finally reach the misty heights of the monastery to catch the first clear view of Mt. Everest. At 12,700-ft., the monastery huddles in the curve of sweepingly high mountains Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, and Kantega and the cold, wet night rumbles with the mutter of distant avalanches.
Minimum 2 participants in group
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmadu Airport and meet with SFT representative at the airport, transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Peak Climbing program and Trekking, relax.
Day 2: Full day Sightseeing Tour to Kopan Monastery, Boudhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath Stupa with our well experienced Tour Guide by private car, equipment check and stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla 2840m/45mins and trek to Phakding 2610m/3hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 4: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazzar 3440m/6hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 5: Acclimatization Day; hike to Everest View Hotel and surrounding hills, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 6: Trek from Namche Bazzar to Tengboche 3860m/5hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 7: Trek from Tengboche to Pheriche 4240m/5hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 8: Trek from Pheriche to Lobuche 4910m/5hrs, stay overnight at tented Lodge.
Day 9: Trek from Lobuche to Gorak-Shep 5140m/3hrs, afternoon explore to Everest BC 5365m/5hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 10: Early morning hike to Kalapathar 5550m/2hrs and trek to Lobuche 4910m/4hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Lobuche to Pokalde Base Camp 4400m/7hrs via Khongma-La Pass 5535m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Pokalde Base Camp to High Camp 5000m/5hrs, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Summit to Pokalde Peak 5806m and back to Chhukhung 4730m/8hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 14: Reserve Day for Climbing due to bad weather, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 15: Trek from Chhukhung to Tengboche 3860m/6hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 16: Trek from Tengboche to Monjo 2835m/6hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 17: Trek from Monjo to Lukla 2840m/5hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 18: Early morning fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel, refreshment.
Day 19: Half day Sightseeing in Pashupatinath Temple and Kathmandu Durbar Square with our Tour Guide by private car, stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 20: Final Departure to Kathmandu International Airport for your further Destination.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
* 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** Hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu City Tours as per above program, inclusive of all entry fees, tour guide, car / van.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* Tented Camp accommodation during the camping and climbing period.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, 1 sherpa (tents), porters (1 porter between 2 people), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
* Round Trip flight from KTM/Lukla/KTM & Domestic airport taxes.
* Camping Equipments (Tents, Kitchen Utensils and Mattresses during the climbing period).
* First Aid Medical Kit.
* Sagarmatha National Park permit and necessary permits.
* Peak Permit, Garbage Deposit and Climbing Guide/Sherpa Equipments.
* Office Service charge.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost doesn't Include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays,political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Peak Climbing: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.