Days: 23 / Difficulty: 5 of 5 (Very Strenuous)
Nirekha is in the Mahalangur Region, deep in the Himalayas, close to the Tibetan border and hidden among the well-known giants of Everest, Cho Oyu, and Cholatse. Only recently has it been opened up to Western climbers. The climb itself is relatively straightforward, though it does require ice-axe, crampons and some fixed rope sections. It is a very do-able climb for anyone in good shape and with a desire for high adventure. A great summit lies in the heart of the Khumbu Region. The peak is located in the same chain as the Lobuche summits, just E of the Cho La Col (not to be confused with the famous Cho La pass that is only a few hundred meters away). The normal ascent to the Nirekha Peak is a great and - depending on the conditions - difficult climb. Only experienced climbers should attempt this route, though it is partially saved with fixed ropes. The summit consists of two summit pyramids. It is unclear which one is higher. Clearly the N summit is easier, but requires crossing a difficult crevasse, while the S summit requires one pitch in steep (50°) ice. Nirekha peak has two routes to climb as one from Kanchung base camp and another from Lake base camp. The ascent from the Kanchung side is to be preferred on this itinerary since it is easier and shorter. The glacier to the Cho La Col on the Kanchung side is easy with only a few mostly harmless crevasses. The ascent is mostly in ice and snow, and is comparable to big alpine routes such as the Monch or Bernina. Despite of the relatively small height difference, it demands an excellent condition and acclimatization. This is quite technical but from the top it is one of the best scenery of the Himalayan world. From the top you’ll have an opportunity to see the best view of many high mountains as Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Cho yu and other surrounding Himalayan ranges.
How to Book
Minimum 2 participants in group
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmadu Airport and meet with SFT representative at the airport, transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Peak Climbing program and Trekking, relax.
Day 2: Full day Sightseeing Tour to Kopan Monastery, Boudhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath Stupa with our well experienced Tour Guide by private car, equipment check and stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla 2840m/45mins and trek to Phakding 2610m/3hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 4: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazzar 3440m/6hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 5: Acclimatization Day; hike to Everest View Hotel and surrounding hills, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 6: Trek from Namche Bazzar to Dole 4110m/6hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 7: Trek from Dole to Machhermo 4470m/5hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 8: Trek from Machhermo to Gokyo 4790m/6hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 9: Acclimatization Day, hike to Gokyo Ri 5357m, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 10: Trek from Gokyo to Dragnag 4700m/3hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Dragnag to Nirekha Base Camp 4950m/6hrs, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Nirekha Base Camp to High Camp 5300m/6hrs, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Summit to Nirekha Peak 6159 and back to Base Camp 4950m/8hrs, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Reserve Day for Climbing due to bad weather, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek from Nirekha Base Camp to Dzongla 4830m/8hrs via Cho-La Pass, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 16: Trek from Dzongla to Gorak-Shep 5140m/7hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 17: Hike to Kala Patthar 5550m and back to Pheriche 4240m/6hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 18: Trek from Pheriche to Tengboche 3860m/5hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 19: Trek from Tengboche to Namche Bazzar 3440m/6hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 20: Trek from Namche Bazzar to Lukla 2840m/7hrs, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 21: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. Refreshment and relax.
Day 22: Half day Sightseeing in Pashupatinath Temple and Kathmandu Durbar Square with our Tour Guide by private car, stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 23: Final Departure to Kathmandu International Airport for your further Destination.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
* 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** Hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu City Tours as per above program, inclusive of all entry fees, tour guide, car / van.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* Tented Camp accommodation during the camping and climbing period.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, 1 sherpa (tents), porters (1 porter between 2 people), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
* Round Trip flight from KTM/Lukla/KTM & Domestic airport taxes.
* Camping Equipments (Tents, Kitchen Utensils and Mattresses).
* First Aid Medical Kit.
* Sagarmatha National Park permit and necessary permits.
* Nirekha Peak Permit, Garbage Deposit and Climbing Guide/Sherpa Equipments.
* Office Service charge.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost doesn't Include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays,political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Peak Climbing: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.