Jours: 2 / Difficulté: 2 of 5 (Modérée)
Combining the best of nature with some typical local life, gorgeous Himalayan views, captivating sunset and ethereal sunrise from Chisapani, this hike makes for an ideal vacation in a matter of two days. The trip starts with a short drive to Sundarijal, a popular hangout and busy picnic spot in the north of Kathmandu. Falling inside the boundaries of Shivapuri National Park, this is a place of cool shades, tall trees, beautiful streams and serene atmosphere — all in striking contrast to the noise and crowd of the city. Leaving aside a few settlements on the way, the hike trail passes through forest to Chisapani, the destination of the first day. Chisapani is a mixed settlement of Brahmins, Tamangs, Gurungs, and Sherpas. The village also commands a beautiful view of the large section of the Himalayan range, which emits an ethereal glow in the setting sunlight.
Itinerary in detail
Day 1: Kathmandu-Sundarijal-Mulkharka-Chisapani
Drive to Sundarijal by private car which takes about 45 minutes. Then, we climb up until reaching Mulkharka through the beautiful sub tropical forests and Tamang settlement from where very good view of Kathmandu valley. It takes about 3 hours to reach. We will have lunch there. After lunch, we keep hiking through forests until reaching Borlang Bhanjyang which takes about 2 hours. This is a small pass which is in the elevation of 2420m. Then we climb down to Chisopani (2215m) which takes about 1 and half hour to reach. Chisopani is one of the most vantage points to view spectacular Himalayan Range such as Langtang Himal, Jugal Himal, Ganesh Himal and Ghaurisankar Himal. This is also famous for unobstructed Sunrise and Sunset views over the high Himalayas. Overnight at a Lodge/Hotel in Chisopani.
Day 2: Chisapani-Jhule-Sankhu-Kathmandu
In the morning after breakfast, we will keep walking in the level trail and through the deep forests until reaching Jhule which takes about 4 and half hour. We will have lunch there. After lunch, we will climb down until reaching Chauki Bhanjyang which takes about 40 minutes. Then we will climb down in the steps trail along the terraced fields and we will arrive in Lapse Phedi which takes about 1 and half hour. We will continue to keep walking on the road till Sankhu which takes about 1 hour. Our private car will be waiting for us. Then drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to your own booking Hotel.
# Hiking Package Pricing on Group Size Basis: (Private Hike)
All inclusive Hike Price for single/solo hiker; USD 315
All inclusive Hike Price for 2 hikers basis; USD 230 per person
All inclusive Hike Price for 3 hikers basis; USD 220 per person
All inclusive Hike Price for 4 hikers basis; USD 205 per person
Our Hiking Package Cost Includes:
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the Trek.
* 1 night hotel accommodation in Chisapani.
* Hking Guide & Porter (1 porter between 2 people and carry 25KG) and their insurance, accommodation, foods and salary.
* Shivapuri National Park Fee and other entrance fee.
* All ground transportation by private vehicle.
* Office Service charge.
* All government tax.
Our Hiking Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals and accommodation in Kathmandu.
* Travel insurance.
* International airfare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, Internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipment.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters due to natural calamities during the trek.
* Tips for Tour Leader/guide, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Join with us on a Hiking to Chisapani in 2024/2025.
Customize Your Hike: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.