Jours: 8 / Difficulté: 2 of 5 (Modérée)
One of the perfect short treks begins nearby Kathmandu valley is the Helambu trek. This treks lies in the Langtang Region and conservation area. Despite being so close to Kathmandu, the Helambu region remains relatively un-spoilt. Here you can experience the Hyolmo culture of high mountain people. The company of green rhododendron and bamboo forests, majestic waterfalls, and snow-capped Himalayas make the trek one of the most diverse treks essential and accessible from Kathmandu. The great Himalayan scenery at the border with Tibet and monasteries make a trek to the region an engrossing experience. The people living the highlands of the Langtang region are certainly the Nepalese, being the descendant of the Tibetan origin, they still look like Tibetans. Generally, the Helambu Trek begins from Sundarijal after an hour's drive from Kathmandu to its north. After about an hour's walk, we enter Shivapuri National Park. The trek leads continuing along the Chisopani, Kutumsang, Thadepati and Sermathang. The trek ends at the Melamchi Pul Bazar in the Helambu region. The Helambu Trek route passes through thick mountain forests with great Himalayan views and toward the end of the trip, you will also trek through some beautiful rice terraces and a number of splendid Buddhist monasteries.
Itinerary in detail
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu International Airport and meet with our airport representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel by private car. Welcome drink and refreshment, relax. Stay Overnight in Hotel.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal and trek to Chisopani 2300m/5hours
A 15km drive from Kathmandu takes you to the starting point of the trek. On arrival at Sundarijal, you can visit Shivapuri watershed and Wild life Reserve. From Sundarijal, the trail heads up to the concrete steps beside the pipeline which supply drinking water for the valley. We leave the pipeline near the dam, and then on to Mulkharka, trekking ups the ridge at around 1895m, some 600m above Sundarijal. There you can take some time to relax in the convenient tea shops, and to enjoy the view back over the valley. We then continue walking to Chisopani (2300m) from where stunning mountain views are to be had. Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 03: Trek from Chisopani to Khutumsang 2470m/5hours
From Chisopani the trail leads down to Pati Bhanjyang (1770m), a lovely small village. After reaching Pati Bhanjyang, the trail leads up and then down to the village of Gul Bhanjyang (2140m). From here the trails climbs up to 2620m and then again descends along the rocky route to Khutumsang (2470m). Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Khutumsang to Tharepati 3490m/5hours
Following a ridge line, the trail continues via lightly populated forest to Magen Goth from where the view of Langtang and Gosaikund peak is stunning, and finally reaching Tharepati (3490m). This walk from is one of the best ridge walks among all treks in Nepal. The trails to Gosaikund branches off north - west from here. Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Tharepati to Tarke Gyang 2620m/6hours
Turning east, the trail rapidly descends down a ravine through small Sherpa village of Malemchi Gaon (2530m) with splendid lodges and fine old and artistic Gompas. The trail again descends leaving the village and crossing Malenchi Khola by a bridge at 1890m and making the long climb up the other side of the valley to Tarke Gyang at 2620m, which is the largest village in Helambu. Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 06: Trek from Tarke Ghyang to Sermathang 2620m/4hours
The trail gently descends through a beautiful forest to Sermathang (2620m). It is the centre of an important apple growing area from where a fantastic view of the Himalayas is seen. Today we immerse ourselves in the local culture, taking time out to meet the people of the area and understand their lifestyle and customs. It also acts as a spare day in case you wish to take the trek a little slower. Stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 07: Trek from Sermathang to Malemchi Pul Bazar 846m and drive back to Kathmandu
As we leave Sermanthang the trails then continues to descent to Dubhachaur at 1500m and then again steeply down to Malemchi (830m) where it meets the road. This village has good collection of teahouses and lodges and all kinds of transportation including buses to get to Panchkhal on the Kodari road. From there, we can catch a bus to Kathmandu (4-5 hours drive by bus). Stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 08: Final departure to international airport as per your flight schedule.
Our Tour Package includes;
* Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up and transfer by private car/van.
* 2 nights accommodation in twin bed sharing basis with breakfast at standard hotel in Kathmandu.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation,salary, equipments & insurance.
* All transportation by private vehicle.
* Langtang National Park Permit.
* Shivapuri National Park Permit.
* All necessary permits.
* First Aid Medical Kit box.
* Tourist service charge,
* Office Service charge
* All Government Tax.
Our Tour Package doesn't include;
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, andstrikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters due to natural calamities during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected, but not mandatory.
Note: The package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste. For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.
How to Book