Days: 32 / Difficulty: 4 of 5 (Strenuous)
Introduction to Simikot to Kailash Trek
The ancient pre-Buddhist bon religion of Tibet
saw mountains as power points linking heaven and earth, and Mount Kailash as the soul Mountain of the kingdom of Zhang Zhung. The struggle for the hearts and minds of Tibetans between traditional Bon and modern Buddhist centered on Kailash, and the story of the contest of Magic between the Bon deity Naro Bon Chung and the Buddhist saint Milarepa to decide which cult could claim the sacred mountain is still told today Legend has it that Milarepa won, but was magnanimous enough in victory to bequeath a nearby peak to the Bon-po and agree that they might still circumambulate Kailash.
Simikot Kailash Lhasa Tour
You fly from Katmandu to Simikot (2910m) in West Nepal
and start your trek.
Route leads through a magnificent mountain area, past villages of the Thakuri, along rivers and across the Nara Lagna Pass. From the 4580m high pass you can see the vast Tibetan plateau. You will hike to the Nepali/Tibetan border till the village of Sher on the Tibetan side, where a vehicle will pick you up and drive to Taklakot. Geographically you are directly south of Kailash, which Hindus and Buddhists view as the "center of the world". On your way to the holy mountain you will wander along the western shore of Lake Manosarovar and camp. "There are countless beautiful landscapes in the Himalayas, in the Trans-Himalaya and in there areas of high Asia, yet the view from Gosul Gompa cross the lake and the surrounding mountains surpass everything I have seen", wrote Sven Hedin in "Transhimalaya" (1909). The mighty rock dome of Kailash comes closer. Together with pilgrims from far and wide you follow the trail (Parikrama) across the Dolma La (5600m), which is adorned with countless prayer flags. It takes three days to circumambulate the snow-covered cupola of the 6714m tall mountain. In Tibetan tradition you will conclude this pilgrimage in Tirthapuri -which is one of the most important pilgrim destinations along with Kailash and Lake Manosarovar.
Almost surreal appears the canyon-like valley of the Sutlej. Imbedded lie the ruins of Tsaparang, the capital of the former kingdom of Guge. After visiting the 900 year-old site our drive through the canyon of the Sutlej starts long the north route to Lhasa. The light and shadows of the summer clouds make for a magical atmosphere, dip the barren vastness in tinges of pastel green, yellow deep blue and violet. En route, we visit two of the most sacred temples of Tibet
: Tshilunpo in Shigatse and Kumbum in Gyantse. In Lhasa, the spiritual and secular center Tibet
's, visited by many pilgrims from allover the country, we will have two days at our disposal.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 02: Sight-seeing of Kathmandu: Leave for full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO world heritage site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also visit Monkey Temple the Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and visit Patan city of fine arts. Back to Hotel.
Day 03: Flight: KTM - Nepalgunj transfer to Hotel
Day 04: Flight: Nepalgunj - Simikot Trek to Dharapari, Camp
Day 05: Trek to Kermi, Camp
Day 06: Trek to Yalbang, Camp
Day 07: Trek to Muchu, Camp
Day 08: Acclimatization day
Day 09: Trek to Yari, Camp
Day 10: Trek to Sip, Camp
Day 11: Drive to Taklakot, camp
Day 12: Drive to Manosarovar visit Rakshak Tal,camp
Day 13: Hike to Tseti Drive to Darchen, camp
Day 14: Trek to Dri ra Phuk, camp
Day 15: Trek to Zuthul Phuk, Camp
Day 16: Trek end and drive to Tirthapuri, Camp
Day 17: Drive to Toling, camp
Day 18: Visit Tsaparang, overnight in Toling, camp
Day 19: Drive to Ali / Shiquqn He
Day 20: Drive to Gertse - camp
Day 21: Drive to Tsochen - camp
Day 22: Drive to Lhotse, camp
Day 23: Drive to Shigatse visit Market, Hotel (BLD)
Day 24: Visit Tashilunpo, Drive to Gyantse, Hotel (BLD)
Day 25: Visit Khumbum Drive to Lhasa, Hotel (BLD)
Day 26: Lhasa: S/S - Sera, Drepung, Potala, Jokhang, hotel (BLD)
Day 27: Lhasa: S/S - Barkhor, Norbulingka, Hotel (BLD)
Day 28: Day trip to Gyanden if possible Sightseeing in Lhasa, hotel (BLD)
Day 29: Lhasa free day
Day 30: Flight Lhasa - KTM, transfer to Hotel (BLD)
Day 31: Free day in Ktm, Hotel (BLD)
Day 32: Final departure transfer to onward destination
Our Tour Package Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 Nights accommodation with breakfast at Standard hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* 27 Nights guesthouse and tented accommodation during the Nepal
* All Sightseeing Trip in Tibet
and entry fees.
* Domestic airfare as per above itinerary.
* Guide, Cook, Sherpa, porters in Nepal
* Yaks/Horses/Donkeys to carry load for the Simikot and Kailash Trek.
* Daily fresh cooked meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) during the trip.
* Porters/Yaks during Parikrama to carry luggage and equipments only.
* A local English speaking guide for the Kailash Khora.
* Flight ticket from Lhasa to Kathmandu.
* All transportation in Nepal
* Simikot Restricted Area Permit.
Travel Permit and all necessary permits.
* Tourist service charge, Vat.
* Office Service charge.
* Tour Guide for sightseeing trip in Kathmandu and his insurance and salary.
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Lunch and Dinner during the Tibet
* Photographic charges in the monasteries.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal
Tourist Visa fees and Nepal
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides,
political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Note: The package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste. For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition (P) Ltd. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.