Days: 17 / Difficulty: 4 of 5 (Strenuous)
This trek follows through the Southern Humla with incredible views of foothills, hills, mountains, lush forests to arid lands. The trail leads along the Karnali River, the longest river of Nepal touching various village settlements of ethnicities like Khasas, Thakuris, Brahmins, and Byansis. It ends at Rara Lake, the biggest lake in Nepal which lies inside the Rara National Park. The area is a home for hundreds of species of trees, plants, birds and animals. This trek can also be done in reverse starting from Mugu or Jumla upwards.
There is no direct air service from Kathmandu to Simikot, so travelers generally have to fly to Simikot via Nepalgunj, the regional hub of Western Nepal. Nepalgunj-Simikot flights operate always early in the morning, so we must stay one night in Nepalgunj to catch the early morning flight the next day.
Minimum 4 participants
Itinerary in details
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with our staff at the airport and transfer to Hotel.Welcomedrink, briefing about trek, equipment check and relax or go for shopping
Day 2: A full day sightseeing within the Kathmandu valley with a certified Tour guide by private car, visiting the Bouddhanath Stupa, Pashupathinath and Swayambou, stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj 200m, stay overnight at Hotel (with swimming pool)
Day 4: Fly from Nepalgunj to Simikot 2950m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 5: Trek from Simikot to Gagru 2650m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 6: Trek from Gagru to Gatya Khola 2800m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 7: Trek from Gatya Khola to Pangkha 2800m via Margo La pass 4300m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Trek from Pangkha to Puma Lekh 2800m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 9: Trek from Puma Lekh to Melchham 2800m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek from Melchham to Darma 2550m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Darma to Changkheli 3800m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Changkheli to Banwa 2500m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek from Banwa to Rara 2980m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Explore Rara Lake, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek from Rara Lake to Talcha Airport 2800m, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Fly from Talcha Airport to Nepalgunj and fly back to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. goodbye Dinner at private House
Day 17: After breakfast, depending on your International flight's departure transfer to Airport and final Departure.
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.
|Trip is available
* Dates can be flexible, please contact us for individual dates.
Our Trek Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 3 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** hotel in Kathmandu.
* Domestic flight KTM-Nepalgunj-Simikot and Talcha-Nepalgunj-KTM and domestic airport tax.
* Accommodation in Nepalgunj.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* All transportation by private car.
* Simikot Humla Restricted Area permit.
* Rara National Park Permit and all other necessary permits.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* All Camping Equipments (Tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, kitchen utensils etc.)
* First Aid Medical Kit box.
* Office Service charge.
* All government tax.
Our Trek Package Cost doesn't include;
* Any meals in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides,domestic flight delays, political disturbance,
strikes or bad weatrher etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Simikot-Rara Lake (Humla-Mugu) Camping Trek, 17 DAYS
Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH, Switzerland
Swiss Himalayan Family Treks & Expedition P. Ltd
Ganeshtan-6, Pharping Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone +977 4710390
Cell +977 9803200543 Stephan
Cell +977 9849193453 Ashta