Days: 15 / Difficulty: 3 of 5 (Moderate to strenuous)
Introduction to Arun Valley Trek
This trekking trail is known as an ancient trade route used by local people to transport agricultural products to Namche Bazaar to Tibet
across via the Nangpa la pass. This trek begins from Tumlingtar and follows the Arun River until we turn into the Irkhu Khola valley, which is also renowned for its natural paper products. This valley takes us to the Salpa. The Salpa Pass trail is an interesting to walk into the Khumbu (Everest) region following the unique ecology of the Pass towards the holy lake Salpa Pokhari. Friendly and naive villagers with beautiful waterfalls takes us to the second pass of the trek - the Surkie La. Rai and Sherpa people settled in this wonderland of isolated since a long time back This area is renowned for its Tungba - a Sherpa local made alcoholic drink ( local beer). The highest trekking point in this route is Salpa Banjang at 3800m high and the highest camp site is at Salpa Kharka at 3600m. This trek is almost easy which offers you superb views of Mera Peak, Everest, Makalu, and so many others at mighty height above the paddy fields, and dark forests. This is called as the gate way to Makalu-Barun National park.
Minimum 4 participants in group
Itinerary in details
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu airport and Transfer to Hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu, preparing and briefing, Overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: Kathmandu — Tumlingtar fly and camping at Tumlingtar, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Tumlingtar (487m) to Gothebazaar. We follow the upstream trail of Arun river towards north through the sub tropical forest around Baluwabesi, crossing Brahman, Chettri and Rai villages, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 05: Gothebazaar to Tala / Upper Phedi. We pass through terrace land with rice paddies, Citrus fruits, Banana groves etc. sparsely populated by Rai and Sherpa people. We also can see Nepali paper production from Lokta, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 06: Tala / Upper Phedi to Guranse / Salpa Pokhari. We leave the forest with deciduous trees and start with the forest of Rhododendron trees. We can know about local people, their culture and visit the holy lakes, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 07: Guranse / Salpa Pokhari to Tue / Sonam. We cross the Salpa La and continue on in a forest of fir and rhododendron, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 08: Tue / Sonam to Cheskam. We visit Rai and Limbu community. These people are mostly chosen for Gorkha soldiers and they are popular for their bravery, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 09: Cheskam to Bung / Kiraule. We can visit Kiraule monastery and Sherpa people, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 10: Bung / Kiraule to Najing. Near Kiraule, above Bung there is an important trail junction headed towards Panch Pokhari and the route to the Mera La from Lukla. To the Northwest a large path leads over Sipki La and crosses the Inkhu Khola, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 11: Najing to Pangom. We climb again to the Satu La and finally join main Everest Highway at Kharikhola, Overnight at Lodge.
Day 12: Pangom to Lukla. We descend towards Lukla after passing Surke, overnight at Lodge.
Day 13: Lukla - Kathmandu.We reach Kathmandu after 35 minutes flight, transfer to Hotel.
Day 14: Kathmandu
Day 15: Final Departure
Our Trek Package Cost Includes
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* Accommodation with breakfast at 3*** Standard hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
* Flight ticket from KTM/Tumlingtar/Lukla/KTM and domestic airport tax.
* All transportation.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, 1 Sherpa (tents), porters (1 porter for 2person), their food & accommodation, bus ticket, salary, equipment and insurance.
* Makalu and Kanchenjunga National Park Permit and all necessary permits.
* All Camping Equipment (Tents) and Kitchen equipment
* Office Service charge.
* Guide & support staffs insurance and salary
Our Trek Package Cost doesn't include
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal
Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays,political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Trek
: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.