Days: 15 / Difficulty: 3 of 5 (Moderate to strenuous)
Introduction to Arun Valley Trek
This trekking trail is known as an ancient trade route used by local people to transport agricultural products to Namche Bazaar to Tibet across via the Nangpa la pass. This trek begins from Tumlingtar and follows the Arun River until we turn into the Irkhu Khola valley, which is also renowned for its natural paper products. This valley takes us to the Salpa. The Salpa Pass trail is an interesting to walk into the Khumbu (Everest) region following the unique ecology of the Pass towards the holy lake Salpa Pokhari. Friendly and naive villagers with beautiful waterfalls takes us to the second pass of the trek - the Surkie La. Rai and Sherpa people settled in this wonderland of isolated since a long time back This area is renowned for its Tungba - a Sherpa local made alcoholic drink ( local beer). The highest trekking point in this route is Salpa Banjang at 3800m high and the highest camp site is at Salpa Kharka at 3600m. This trek is almost easy which offers you superb views of Mera Peak, Everest, Makalu, and so many others at mighty height above the paddy fields, and dark forests. This is called as the gate way to Makalu-Barun National park.
Itinerary in details
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport and you will be met at the airport by our representative who will be waiting with a Swiss Family Treks sign outside the terminal and transfer to Hotel by private car. Welcome drink and after you settle into the hotel there will be a group briefing with your tour leader. He will discuss the trek details and co-ordinate any last minute arrangements. Stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu, preparing and briefing, stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu — Tumlingtar, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 04: Trek from Tumlingtar (487m) to Gothebazaar.
We follow the upstream trail of Arun river towards north through the sub tropical forest around Baluwabesi, crossing Brahman, Chettri and Rai villages. Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 05: Trek from Gothebazaar to Tala / Upper Phedi.
We pass through terrace land with rice paddies, Citrus fruits, Banana groves etc. sparsely populated by Rai and Sherpa people. We also can see Nepali paper production from Lokta. Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 06: Trek from Tala / Upper Phedi to Guranse / Salpa Pokhari.
We leave the forest with deciduous trees and start with the forest of Rhododendron trees. We can know about local people, their culture and visit the holy lakes. Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 07: Trek from Guranse / Salpa Pokhari to Tue / Sonam.
We cross the Salpa La and continue on in a forest of fir and rhododendron. Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 08: Trek from Tue / Sonam to Cheskam.
We visit Rai and Limbu community. These people are mostly chosen for Gorkha soldiers and they are popular for their bravery. Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 09: Trek from Cheskam to Bung / Kiraule.
We can visit Kiraule monastery and Sherpa people. Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek from Bung / Kiraule to Najing.
Near Kiraule, above Bung there is an important trail junction headed towards Panch Pokhari and the route to the Mera La from Lukla. To the Northwest a large path leads over Sipki La and crosses the Inkhu Khola. Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Najing to Pangom.
We climb again to the Satu La and finally join main Everest Highway at Kharikhola. Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Pangom to Lukla.
We descend towards Lukla after passing Surke, overnight Lukla, Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Fly from Lukla - Kathmandu.
We reach Kathmandu after 35 minutes flight and transfer to Hotel.
Day 14: Kathmandu, stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 15: Final Departure from Kathmandu
Your trip will come to an end today after breakfast. Your leader will be on hand to advise and assist with your onward travel arrangements and transfer to Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport by our private van around 3 hours before your flight schedule and flight back to your home/other travel destination.
Our Trek Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* Flight ticket from KTM/Tumlingtar/Lukla/KTM and domestic airport tax.
* All transportation by private car.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, 1 sherpa(tents), porters (1 porter for 2 persons), their food & accommodation, busticket, salary, equipments and insurance.
* Makalu National Park Permit and all necessary permits.
* Tented camp accommodation during the trek.
* All Camping Equipments (Tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, kitchen utensils etc.)
* Office Service charge.
* All government tax.
Our Trek Package Cost doesn't include;
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.