Days: 27 / Difficulty: 5 of 5 (Very Strenuous)
Arun Hunkus Mera trek gives you a real taste of natural beauty. Our adventure begins with a flight to the small airstrip at Tumlingtar. From here we descend to the deep gorge or the beautiful Arun Valley in the Eastern region of Nepal. Arun valley is a lush, green oasis; rich in bird life and these first few days provide a fascinating contract to high mountains escape as we approach Mera Peak. Our route to the Mera La (5415m) will take us through thick rhododendron (national flower of Nepal) and bamboo forests separating the Hongu and Hunku valleys. On the trail to Panch Pokhari, you will come across a beautiful Sherpa village and Kirong La Monastery. From Panch Pokhari you will descend to Hunku River, a complete wilderness trail. The views along this section are superb. Towards the east we can see the Kanchenjunga and Jannu. To the north the views, of Hunku dominate. The trail continues to Thangnang(4366m), from here we move to Khare (5108m). Where we establish the base camp at the foot of the glacier leading to Mera la (5415m.). Here we have a number of days to rest, explore and acclimatize. Our return route will take us south; down to the Hunku Drangka before turning west to cross the Zatrawa La to the Mountain airstrip at Lukla, from here we will fly back to Kathmandu the following day of the spectacular end.
How to Book
Minimum 2 participants in group
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with SFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Trekking and Peak Climbing.
Day 02: Full day Sightseeing Trip in Kathmandu Valley like as Boudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple and Swoyambhunath Stupa with our well experience English Speaking Tour Guide by private car, Overnight in Hotel.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar 410m and stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Tumlingtar to Kattike 480m/6-7hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Katake to Ghote Bazaar 775m/6-7hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 06: Trek from Ghote Bazaar to Salpa Phedi 1680m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 07: Trek from Salpa Phedi to Sanam 2850m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 08: Trek from Ghorase to Guidel 2042m/5-6hours, stay overnight at Lodge.
Day 09: Trek from Guidel to Khiraule 2600m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek from Khiraule to Cheram 3200m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Cheram to Khola Kharka 3400m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Rest day at Khola Kharka, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek from Khola Kharka to Mosam Kharka 3691m/5-6hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Mosam Kharka to Thangnang 4356m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek from Thangnang to Khare 5000m/6-7hours, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Rest day at Khare for acclimatization, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Trek from Khare Camp to Mera Base Camp 5350m/5-6hours, overnight at tented camp.
Day 18: Trek from Base Camp to High Camp 5780m/5-6hours, overnight at tented camp.
Day 19: Summit to Mera Peak 6461m and back to Base Camp 5350m/7-8hours, overnight at tented camp.
Day 20: Reserve day for climbing due to bad weather, overnight at tented camp.
Day 21: Trek from Base Camp to Thangnak 4356m/6-7hours, overnight at tented camp.
Day 22: Trek from Thangnak to Mosom Kharka 3691m/5-6hours, overnight at tented camp.
Day 23: Trek from Mosom Kharka to Thuli Kharka 4300m/6-7hours, overnight at tented camp.
Day 24: Trek from Thuli Kharka to Lukla 2840m/7-8hours, overnight at tented camp.
Day 25: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 26: Half day Sightseeing in Pashupatinath Temple and Kathmandu Durbar Square with our Tour Guide by private car, Farewell Dinner with SFT staffs, stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 27: Final Departure to Kathmandu International Airport for your further Destination.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
* 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at 3*** Hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu City Tours as per above program, inclusive of all entry fees, tour guide, car / van.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* Tented Camp accommodation during the camping and climbing period.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, 1 sherpa (tents), porters
(1 porter between 2 people), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
* Round Trip flight from KTM/Tumlingtar and Lukla/KTM & Domestic airport taxes.
* Camping Equipments (Tents, Kitchen Utensils and Mattresses during the climbing period).
* First Aid Medical Kit.
* Sagarmatha National Park permit and necessary permits.
* Makalu Conservation Area Permit.
* Peak Permit, Garbage Deposit and Climbing Guide/Sherpa Equipments.
* Government taxes.
* Office Service charge.
Our Peak Climbing Package Cost doesn't Include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments.
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays,political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Peak Climbing: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves