Days: 10 / Difficulty: 4 of 5 (Strenuous)
We travel by surface to Dolalghat, your raft 'put-in-point', covering the distance of 57km in about 3 hrs. Your excitement starts and ends only after you covered 210km of wild stretches. Calm flows through high rocks, strewn passages eventually emerging from the mountains to the flat plains of southern Nepal.
One of the ten classic and best white water journeys on Sunkoshi(river of gold) is in Nepal. It offers a long river trip and probably the most fascinating among the few rivers, which flow down from snow-capped mountains. Big rapes, warm water, beautiful scenery and great camping makes this is a classic multi-day river trip. There will be a great trip for intermediate and advanced kayakers. At its best in medium to high flows. This enchanting river expedition of 9 days will definitely be the highlight of your visit to Nepal, its memory shall last for ever… Sunkoshi is an unpredictable river, it has its own moods; serene, calm and tranquil one moment, wild and turbulent in the next, always changing, always challenging, the ultimate in the river adventure. So, Sunkoshi is famous in rafting circles, and with good reason.
Possible Operation; Autumn & Spring
Departure; Fix and on Request
Rafting Days; 10 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Entrance by; Drive 3 hours east to from Kathmandu
Put-in point; Dolalghat
Put-out point; Chatara
River Distance; 270 km
Evtl. possible Trip; Drive to Biratnagar, take a flight to Kathmandu, drive
to Chitwan National Park or Koshi Tappu for an
excellent safari or drive back to Kathmandu.
Numbers of Packs; Minimum 6 persons
Our Trip Package Cost Include:
* All transportation from and to the Rafting Points.
* All Rafting Equipments.
* All Safety Equipments (Life jacket and helmet while on rafting).
* Water proof Bag for your valuable things.
* All meal during the Rafting Period (3 meals a day, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Tea, Coffee and Hot/cold filter Water).
* 9 nights accommodation at tented camp.
* Comprehensive medical kit.
* Full rafting staff (crew) including guides, helper, and cook and as per requirements.
* Office Service charge.
* All taxes.
Our Trip Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Transportation to your next destination.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Equipments
Join with us on Sunkoshi River Rafting in 2023/2024
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Trip: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.