Days: 6 / Difficulty: 4 of 5 (Strenuous)
Probably the best combination trip in Nepal; magnificent white water, a beautiful unspoiled valley, combined with one of the most scenic treks in Nepal. The Tamur river and its tributaries drain the snows of Kanchenjunga, the third highest peak in the world.
The river is the sixth largest river in Nepal and seems to have a feeling of thrusting power and of being constrained by its valley sides. The first commercial run of the Tamur was in 1990 and there have been very few descents since then.
It is an outstandingly beautiful river with superb views of the Himalayan range including Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga and Mt. Makalu. The river trip includes around 120 km descent, through more than 100 of the most exciting rapids still to be named. It has to offer grade 3 to 4, with some graded -5, making one of the best white water expedition trip in the world.
Possible Operation; Autumn & Spring
Departure; Fix and on Request
Rafting Days; 5-6 days(Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Entrance by; Fly to Biratnagar
Put-in point; Milke Danda
Put-out point; Chatara
River Distance; 120 km.
Evtl. possible Trip; Drive to Koshi Tappu or Royal Chitwan National Park for an excellent safari
trip, drive back to Kurintar and go by cablecar to Manakamana and/or relax at
the resort with the nicest swimmingpool in Nepal, or drive back to
Numbers of Packs; Minimum 6 persons
Our Trip Package Cost Include:
* All transportation from and to the Rafting Points.
* All Rafting Equipments.
* All Safety Equipments (Life jacket and helmet while on rafting).
* Water proof Bag for your valuable things.
* Domestic flight ticket from KTM/Biratnagar and airport tax.
* All meal during the Rafting Period (3 meals a day, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Tea, Coffee and Hot Water).
* 5 night accommodation at tented camp.
* Comprehensive medical kit.
* Full rafting staff (crew) including guides, helper, and cook and as per requirements.
* Office Service charge.
* All taxes.
Oiur Trip Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Transportation to your next destination.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Equipments
Join with us on Tamur River Rafting in 2023/2024
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Trip: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.