Days: 2 / Difficulty: 4 of 5 (Strenuous)
The Bhotekoshi is known as the River from Tibet and you can start a trip after a peak over the border into Tibet. The Kathmandu/Lhasa Highway (AKA Friendship Highway, Arniko Highway) runs along the river.
You can run a day trip or do a two-day expedition and run parts of the river twice. It's a great beginner river for rafters and fun for kayakers at all levels.
Bhote Koshi is this beautiful, very steep, non stop mountain river, perfect for adventure trips and easy to reach. Only 3 hours from Kathmandu, it offers two days of intense and challenging river activity. You are beginning to understand what this great trip in Nepal offers you, nothing less than the ride of a lifetime. If you have never rafted before, and if you have limited time, then this is a perfect introductory trip package for you. Because the Bhote Koshi is probably the most exciting short rafting trip in Nepal and best whitewater adventure in the world. Like getting pure adrenalin shots…People have been variously describing it as:
"Like a pin-ball Machine-and you' re the ball!"
"Like being flushed down on open air toilet!"
"Expedition River" etc.
With the adventure of Bhote Koshi you also get the chance to observe emerald green fields, they are terraced high above the river on precipitous slopes, curious villagers, lining suspension bridges, are amazed as we plunge through cascading waves and chutes of foam. Yep, the weather is sunny! We love the excitement of this trip and it is really the best available fun in whitewater. The rapids here are a solid class IV- V at high flow, and a more classic III at lower levels. This true adventure can be rafted between October and December and February and April.
Possible Operation: Autumn & Spring
Departure: Fix and on Request
Rafting Days: 2 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Entrance by: Kathmandu
Put-in point: Lomosangu- Dam
Put-out point: Dolalghat Bazaar
River Distance: 20 km
Possible Trip: Return to Kathmandu, or combine with another trip
Numbers of Packs: Minimum 6 persons
Our Trip Package Cost Include:
* All transportation from and to the Rafting Points.
* All Rafting Equipments.
* All Safety Equipments (Life jacket and helmet while on rafting).
* Water proof Bag for your valuable things.
* All meal during the Rafting Period (3 meals a day, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with Tea, Coffee and Hot Water).
* 1 night accommodation at tented camp.
* Comprehensive medical kit.
* Full rafting staff (crew) including guides, helper, and cook and as per requirements.
* Office Service charge.
* All taxes.
Our Trip Package Cost doesn't include:
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fees.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Transportation to your next destination.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Equipments
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Join wiht us on Bhote Koshi in 2022/2023
Customize Your Trip: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH . The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.