Days: 9 / Difficulty: 2 of 5 (Moderate)
During this trek you'll enjoy magnificent views of Mount Everest as well as of many of the other highest mountains of the world located in the Eastern Himalaya Ranges of Nepal, such as Lhotse, Makalu, Gaurishanker etc. and you'll have a fine opportunity to interact with the Sherpa people, their way of life, culture and religion. The trek itsself is not very strenuous, but will take you through the beauty of one of the seven mystic ‘Hidden Valleys’ (beside of Yolmo, Rangshar, Lapchi, Dolpo, Nubri and Sikkim) which are most beneficial for Meditation and expose you to practices of Buddhism, while visiting seven more than 250 years old Vajrayana- and Mahayana monasteries of the region. We have choosen this trek for ‘Trekking and Meditation’, because it is an easy way for you to see one of the most magnificent regions of Nepal with Tibetan culture, visiting quite a lot of monastery in short time and on top of that to get the blessing of one of the seven ‘Holy Valleys’, where the people can live happy and practice very easy. For more insight into this unique combination of ‘Trekking and Meditation’, please read though the itinerary below.
If you need meditation instruction you can get a basic shamata instruction in Pharping and then meditate on your own during the trek.
Itinerary in detail
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport and you will be met at the airport by our representative who will be waiting with a Swiss Family Treks sign outside the terminal and transfer to Hotel by private car. Welcome drink and after you settle into the hotel there will be a group briefing with your tour leader. He will discuss the trek details and co-ordinate any last minute arrangements. Stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 2: Full Day Guided Sightseeing Tour in Kathmandu Valley by private van.
After brekafast in the hotel, Drive to Swayambhunath Stupa which is very close form the centre of Kathmandu. It takes some minutes to be there. This Temple is also known as Monkey Temple which is considered to be self made Stupa. Then visit to Boudhanath Stupa: the biggest stupa in Nepal and one of the bigger stupa in the world. You can basically experience Tibetan Buddhism, culture and way of life in Boudhanath Area. Boudhanath area is the authentic place to buy Tibetan stuffs. Again you will be visit Pashupatinath Temple and it is one of the most sacred temples in the entire Hindu world. It is a sacred place where Hindus come to die and to be cremated. The temple of Pashupatinath is a large double roofed, gilt pagoda, decorated with brass, the gateway is plated with silver. There are images of Shiva along with other statues, shrines and temples dedicated to other deities in the complex. A circuit of the Pashupati area takes visitors past a sixth-century statue of the Buddha, an eight-century statue of Brahma the creator and numerous other temples. There are rows of Shiva shrines and Hindu pilgrims from all over south Asia offering ceremonies to worship Shiva, the Lord of Destruction. Stay overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Phaplu 2470m,
Wake up early morning and transfer to domestic airport, then fly to Phaplu. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 4: Trek from Phaplu to Junbesi 2675m,
Wake up morning , breakfast and trek along the Junbesi Khola through the pine and rhododendron forest until reaching picturesque village of Junbesi with viewing Numbur Chuli. , Overnight in Lodge.
Day 5: Exploring the Thubten Chholing Monastery,
Wake up morning have breakfast and walk towards Thubten Chholing Monastery, a huge Tibetan Buddhist Monastery founded by the revered Lama Trulsik Rinpoche, who fled to Nepal from Rongbuk Gompa in Tibet with a large group of Anis (Nuns) and monks in the 1960s. Whole afternoon free for Meditation inside the Monastery on your own and back to Lodge.
Day 6: Exploring the surrounding hills,
Wake up, morning after breakfast walk around the village and surrounding hill. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 7: Trek from Junbesi to Phaplu 2470m,
Wake up and after breakfast trek down along the Junbesi Khola until reaching Phaplu. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 8: Morning flight back to Kathmandu and stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 9: Final Departure from Kathmandu
Your trip will come to an end today after breakfast. Your leader will be on hand to advise and assist with your onward travel arrangements and transfer to Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport by our private van around 3 hours before your flight schedule and flight back to your home/other travel destination.
Our Trek Package Cost includes;
* Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up and transfer by private car/van.
* 3 nights accommodation in twin bed sharing basis with breakfast at 3*** hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu Tour as per above mentioned itinerary and all entry fees.
* Round trip domestic flight tickets and airport tax,
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the Lodge trek.
* Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
* 1 experienced helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* All transportation by private vehicle.
* Sagarmatha National Park Permit.
* All necessary permits.,
* First Aid Medical Kit Box.
* Office Service charge
* All Government Tax.
Our Tour Package doesn't include;
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH . The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.