Days: 6 / Difficulty: 2 of 5 (Moderate)
This is an easy to moderate Trek. Anyone with love for the outdoors can enjoy it. This Trek will give you good views of the Himalayan peaks and nature as you hike and camp on the hills of Kathmandu valley. This Trek is one of the finest trekking routes around Kathmandu valley. Even though being so close; yet it provides a visitor a glimpse of the remoteness and the grandeur of the villages found in Nepal. Shivapuri Village (2729m) is a true spirit of Nepalese village experience and hospitality. The trek is named after the Shivapuri National Park, which is regarded as the nearest National Park from the International Airport. This trek offers various activities to keep oneself busy during the stay be it in the form of Nature Treks and Hikes, Ethnic Village Tours, Bird Watching, Photography or just a simple relaxing leisure. This is a fantastic hiking tour from Kathmandu. Very few people trek around Kathmandu valley. It offers a rich insight into the lives, history, culture and religion of its inhabitants. The valley rim lies around 1000/2800 m and in the spring offers early flowering rhododendrons and through the autumn and winter, wonderful mountain vistas which can, from certain view-points, stretch from Everest in the east to Annapurna in the west. Shivapuri hill (2729m) is the highest point of this trekking. From the top of Shivapuri, one can have a panoramic view of the western mountains like Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Ganesh Himal Range, Mt. Langtang Range, Mt. Dorjeelakpa Mt. Shisapangma, Mt. Gaurishankar and many more. In short span of time one can see more than sixty peaks from here. When we gain our height to Nagarkot, we would see other mountains too. Nagarkot is the most popular point for viewing mountains, sunrise and sunset, beautiful landscape, river and beautiful scenery green hill. The Shivapuri National Park, initially established as Shivapuri Watershed Reserve in 1976, Shivapuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve (SWWR) in 1984, and located 12 kilometers north of the Kathmandu metropolis, was gazetted in 2002.
Itinerary in details
Day 1; Arrival in Kathmandu International Airport and meet with our airport representative at the airport . and transfer to Hotel by private car. Welcome drink and refreshment, relax. Stay Overnight in Hotel.
Day 2; Drive from Kathmandu to Nagarkot 1932m (2 hours) and trek to Chaubas 1700m (1/2 hours).
Early morning drive from Ktm to Nagarkot. We will start our Trek from there. Easy walking through villages with excellent mountain- and valleyviews. Camp at Chaubas on the top of the ridge. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 3; Trek from Chaubas to Chisopani 2215m (6/7 hours).
This morning our trail follows the ridge line to the north and we enter the Shivapuri Nature Reserve. Look out for birds like the plaintive Himalayan Barbet, bright Minivets or perhaps spy an eagle patrolling the treetops. Our camp will be on grassy meadows with views towards the eastern horizon. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 4; Trek from Chisopani to Shivapuri 2725m (5/6 hours).
Shivapuri Nature Reserve protects a wondrous world of orchid and moss festooned oak, a beautiful rhododendron forest. This rich ecosystem is the home of countless Himalayan flora and fauna, including many of Nepal’s 800 bird species. In this fascinating setting, time passes away unnoticed and soon you will find yourself on the summit of Shivapuri, from where the views look even more stunning, if that is possible. Overnight at Lodge.
Day 5; Trek from Shivapuri to Kakani 2030m (5/6 hours) and drive back to Kathmandu (2 hours).
After spending a night in this peaceful retreat, we descend and then walk through forested mountainside to Kakani. All along there are views of Himalchuli, Langtang Lirung, Ganesh Himal and ample opportunity of look for Rhododendrons, rhesus monkeys and wild bears. They all inhabit the reserve. This is a day of pleasant walking through forested tracks. It is an natural haven so close to Kathmandu.
Drive back to Ktm. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 6; After breakfast depending on your schedule transfer to International Airport.
Our Trek Package Cost includes;
* Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up and transfer by private car/van.
* 2 nights accommodation in twin bed sharing basis with breakfast at standart hotel in Kathmandu.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the camping trek.
* Camping/Tented accommodation during the trek.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* Trekking camping equipments (Tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, kitchen utensils etc.)
* All transportation by private vehicle.
* All necessary permits (Shivapuri Wildlife Reserve)
* Office Service charge
* All Government Tax.
Our Trek Package Cost doesn't include;
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Quotation of the trek on Group Size Basis
Total Trek Cost for 1-4 Participants; USD 810 Per Person
Total Trek Cost for 5-8 Participants; USD 720 Per Person
Total Trek Cost for 9-12 Participants; USD 630 Per Person
Total Trek Cost for 13 and above Participants; USD 540 Per Person
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
Customize Your Trek: This is a general itinerary, which can always individually be “tailormade”. The trek package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste, For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.