Tage: 16 / Schwierigkeit: 4 of 5 (Anstregend)
Introduction to High Ganja-La Pass Trek
This is one of the most popular and challenging trekking destinations in Langtang Region of Nepal. This trek offers snow covered high passes, unique culture of peoples and their way of life, magnificent views of mountains, ancient monasteries, beautiful Langtang and Helambu valley, wildlife and waterfall. There is a small Buddhist monastery and a Cheese factory initiated 1955 by The Swiss Association for Technical Assistance. Tarke Ghyang is another Sherpa town along the way, which bears its own story. The town name means temple of "100 horses" and was taken from the name of a temple established in 1727 by a Lama (Buddhist Monk) who was called on by the king of Kathmandu ( Kantipur) to stop an epidemic. As his reward the Lama asked for 100 horses, which he brought here. The local temple, rebuilt in 1969, follows the Bhutanese style.
Highest elevation: 5130m
Trek style: Camping Trek
Major attraction: Buddhst Monument like as Kyanjin Gompa, Cheese Factory, Snow covered high pass trail, panoramic Himalayan scenery, Rhododendron forests, wildlife, culture of peoples.
Itinerary in details
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet SFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing, relax
Day 2: Full day Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley with Tour Guide by private car. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Trek from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi 1460m with private car (6/7 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 4: Trek from Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel 2324m (5/6 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 5: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang 3330m (4/5 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 6: Trek from Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa 3730m (2/3 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 7: Acclimatization day/ Hiking to Tsergo-Ri. Overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Trek from Kyanjin Gompa to Ngegang 4000m (5/6 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 9: Trek from Ngegang to Keldang 4270m via Ganja-La Pass 5130m (7/8 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek from Keldang to Dukpu 4040m (7/8 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek from Dukpu to Tarkegyang 2740m (6/7 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek from Tarkegyang to Sermanthang 2590m (5/6 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek from Sermanthang to Kakani 1996m (3/4 hours). Overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Kakani to Melamchi Pul 870m (3/4 hours) and Drive back to Kathmandu (5/6 hours) with private car and transfer to Hotel.
Day 15: Full day Sightseeing in Bhaktapur and Patan City with Tour Guide by private car. Overnight in Hotel.
Day 16: Departure to International Airport
Our Tour Package Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
* 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at Standard hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu city tour as per the above itinerary.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* All transportation by private car.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* Trekking camping equipments (Tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, kitchen utensils etc.)
* Tented Camp accommodation during the trek.
* Langtang National Park permit and all necessary permits.
* Tourist service charge, Vat.
* Office Service charge.
* All government tax.
Our Tour Package doesn't include;
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters due to natural calamities during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
N.B: The package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste. For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition (P) Ltd. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.