Tage: 17 / Schwierigkeit: 5 of 5 (Sehr anstregend)
Kwangde peak is one of the most famous trekking peaks lies on the Khumbu region of Nepal. A fresh perspective on Nepal's most popular region, where has fabulous views of Mt. Everest massif and other Himalayas. Trek to the "forbidden" Nangpa La on the Tibetan Border. Towering above Namche Bazaar, the triple summated Kwangde Ri is a strikingly impressive mountain. This is one of the difficult climb trekking peak. Its northern summit, Kwangde Nup, which is climbed from a base camp in the rarely visited Lumding Valley, makes a superb trekking peak objective and also provides a simply fantastic vantage point. The summit panorama extends across the Khumbu, from Ama Dablam and Makalu in the East, to Everest and Cho Oyu and includes the spectacular Rolwaling peaks; to the northwest. Kwangde Ri is also called Kongde Ri and Kwande on various maps. This difficult mountain forms an impressive multi-summated ridge on the eastern end of the Lumding Himal, which in turn can be regarded as part of the Rolwaling Himal. Rising south-west of Namche Bazaar above the Bhote Koshi River, the mountain's northern flank forms an impressive barrier that throws down several steep ridges to the north. Its glaciated southern flank is more aloof. It is hidden at the northern end of the Lumding Drangka, a high and remote valley bounded to the west by the tumbling glaciers of Karyolung 6,511m, Khartang 6,853m and Numbur 6,959m. The Lumdring valley is rarely visited by trekkers or expeditions. At the northern end of the valley the stream cascades down a natural rocky barrier above which is a moraine-bound lake, the Tsho Og, at the snout of the Limding Glacier. North of the Tsho Og, itself hidden in a huge rocky cwm, is the massive Lumding Tsho Teng 5,151m. All of the routes climbed to date on the Kwangde Peaks are difficult; none have proved suitable for commercial trekking peak expeditions. The routes on the North Face are particularly difficult and reflect recent developments in lightweight Himalayan climbing, with an emphasis on technical difficulty and a high degree of commitment. They have invariably been made by two climbers without support camps or fixed ropes, although in at least one case a subsequent ascent has seen a return to traditional siege style tactics with masses of fixed rope and camps. Even the routes on the South Face are committing and difficult, although the climbing is more traditional in character.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmadu Airport and meet with SFT representative at the airport, transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about Peak Climbing program and Trekking, relax.
Day 2: Full day Sightseeing Tour to Kopan Monastery, Boudhanath Stupa and Swayambhunath Stupa with our well experienced Tour Guide by private car, equipment check and stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla and trek to Phakding, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 4: Trek from Phakding to Ghat Pari, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 5: Trek from Ghat Pari to Yak Kharka, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 6: Acclimatization Day, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 7: Trek from Yak Kharka to Lumding Kharka, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Trek from Lumbding Kharka to Kongde Ri Base Camp, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 9: Preparation Day for climbing, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek from Base Camp to High Camp, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Summit to Kwangde Ri 6011m and back to Base Camp, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Reserve day for Climbing due to bad weather, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek from Base Camp to Yak Kharka, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek from Yak Kharka to Lukla, stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Early morning fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel, refreshment.
Day 16: Half day Sightseeing in Pashupatinath Temple and Kathmandu Durbar Square with our Tour Guide by private car, Farewell Dinner with SFT staffs, stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 17: Final Departure to Kathmandu International Airport for your further Destination.
Our Tour Package Includes:
* Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van / Bus.
* 4 nights accommodation with breakfast at Standard Hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu City Tours as per above program, inclusive of all entry fees, tour guide, car / van.
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the trek.
* Tented Camp accommodation during the camping and climbing period.
* 1 experienced, helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, 1 sherpa (tents), porters (1 porter between 2 people), their food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance.
* Round Trip flight from KTM/Lukla/KTM & Domestic airport taxes.
* Camping Equipments (Tents, Kitchen Utensils and Mattresses during the climbing period).
* First Aid Medical Kit.
* Sagarmatha National Park permit and necessary permits.
* Peak Permit, Garbage Deposit and Climbing Guide/Sherpa Equipments.
* Government taxes.
* Office Service charge.
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance.
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee. You may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Kathmandu.
* International Airport tax.
* Emergency Evacuation.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot shower, cold drinks, snacks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments (down sleeping bag and down jackets are available to hire or buy in Kathmandu).
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
N.B: The package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste. For more information please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition GmbH. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.