Trekking and Meditation in Lower-Khumbu, Lodge Trek, 9 Days
If you need meditation instruction you can get a basic shamata instruction in Pharping and then meditate on your own during the trek.
Itinerary in detail
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu and meet with SFT representative at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Welcome drink and short briefing about the Program andTrek and Relax.
Day 2: Full day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu Valley with tour guide by private car. Overnight in Hotel
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Phaplu 2470m,
Wake up early morning and transfer to domestic airport, then fly to Phaplu. Have breakfast after a short teaching and meditation and afternoon free for exploring villages. ,. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 4: Trek from Phaplu to Junbesi 2675m,
Wake up morning ,breakfast and trek along the Junbesi Khola through the pine and rhododendron forest until reaching picturesque village of Junbesi with viewing Numbur Chuli. , Overnight in Lodge.
Day 5: Exploring the Thubten Chholing Monastery,
Wake up morning have breakfast and walk towards Thubten Chholing Monastery, a huge Tibetan Buddhist Monastery founded by the revered Lama Trulsik Rinpoche, who fled to Nepal from Rongbuk Gompa in Tibet with a large group of Anis (Nuns) and monks in the 1960s. Whole afternoon free for Meditation inside the Monastery on your own and back to Lodge.
Day 6: Exploring the surrounding hills,
Wake up, morning after breakfast walk around the village and surrounding hill.. Overnight in Lodge.
Day 7: Trek from Junbesi to Phaplu 2470m,
Wake up and after breakfast trek down along the Junbesi Khola until reaching Phaplu. , Overnight in Lodge.
Day 8: Morning flight back to Kathmandu and stay overnight in Hotel.
Day 9: Final Departure to International Airport.
Our Tour Package includes;
* Airport/Hotel/Airport pick up and transfer by private car/van.
* 3 nights accommodation in twin bed sharing basis with breakfast at standard hotel in Kathmandu.
* Kathmandu Tour as per above mentioned itinerary and all entry fees.
* Round trip domestic flight tickets and airport tax,
* Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot water during the Lodge trek.
* Lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek.
* 1 experienced helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipments & insurance.
* All transportation by private vehicle.
* Sagarmatha National Park Permit.
* All necessary permits.,
* First Aid Medical Kit Box.
* Tourist service charge,
* Office Service charge
* All Government Tax.
Our Tour Package doesn't include;
* Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
* Travel insurance (if you want us to arrange your travel insurance, we would greatly be happy to assist).
* International air fare to and from Nepal.
* Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
* Items and expenses of personal nature.
* Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
* Personal Trekking Equipments like sleeping bags, jackets (can all be hired in KTM)
* Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
* Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, domestic flight delays, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
* Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
* Horse renting and additional porters during the trek.
* Tips for guide, porters, driver...
Tipping is expected but it is not mandatory.
N.B: The package can be redesigned or redeveloped as per your taste. For more information please e-mail us at email@example.com.
Note: In case of emergency during the trip, Helicopter will be arranged by Swiss Family Treks & Expedition (P) Ltd. The charges must be paid by the clients themselves.
Grade: (Moderate) [ Explain ]
|Start date||End date||Availability|
|Trip is available|
|Easy trekking by Himalayan standards is generally up to 2000m. There are plenty of ups and downs on well-maintained trails. This type of trip is best suited for those who lead a reasonably active life. The trek takes about 3 to 7 days, walking about 4 to 5 hours a day.|
|This involves longer treks (five to ten days) on maintained trails. This type of trek includes day excursions to higher elevations, for which it's advisable to have some previous hill- walking experience. On these treks, we generally achieve an altitude between 900m to 3000m.|
(Moderate to strenuous)
|A reasonably demanding trek at an altitude up to 4000m with side trips to higher elevations. The trails are sometimes uncharted and away from inhabited areas.|
|These treks must be fully supported. We climb to altitudes between 3500 and 5000m. & there are overnight stays at altitudes above 4000m. For this trek, trekkers should be fit & enthusiastic hill walkers prepared to tackle difficult terrain in remote areas.|
|This trek is best described as Alpine, and suitable is suitable for those in excellent health, capable of carrying a backpack, when required. The trek covers very remote areas, traveling over snow-covered passes at an altitudes of up to 6500m. You will need to axes and crampons. No strenuous trek should be undertaken without medical clearance.|
|Standard||Ideal for backpackers, students, travellers, very basic accomodation 1 * or none*, group travel in bus.|
|3 Star||Nice ** to*** star hotel ideal for the normal traveller family, couples, hotels are clean and monitored by our company, breakfast usually included. Travels are in van or 4 seater jeep.|
|4-5 Star||**** to ***** star Hotels with all possible international comfort, where available SAT TV. SPA etc. brekfast included for the traveller who wants to be spoiled , travelling in privat car, Jeep.|
There will be a cancellation fee of 25% for any cancellation three weeks prior to Tour departure date, 50% two weeks prior to Tour departure date and no refund thereafter. No refund for no shows & delay arrivals whatsoever reason.